News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

weiand stealth rb intake

Started by greenrt_se, November 11, 2005, 03:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenrt_se

How much lower the stealt intake is than Edelbrock Rpm intake??

y3chargerrt

Not sure about the answer to your question but i have the 8009 intake on my 69 440. The air cleaner clears the hood fine. A plus also to me is once I ground off the weiand name and number it looks stock.

Fore40

I also have a 8009 on my 68 440 looks stock plenty of clearance with a stock air cleaner.
A bunch of times people have called out "nice charger"

firefighter3931

A Street Dominator will clear, no problem. If you're looking for a really descent dual plane the old edelbrock CH4B is slightly taller than stock and works fabulously. These are no longer being made but come up for sale cheap on e-bay every now and then.

fwiw....the performer rpm will clear a stock hood with the right air cleaner assembly. A 14x3 with a 1.25 drop base is what you want. I recommended that to another member here and it worked fine for him with the performer rpm intake and holley carb he was running on his 69 charger.   ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Providing you aren't running a spacer.  ;)

greenrt_se

yeah I use the spacer,and thats the problem,even whit drop base claener

Ghoste

Is it a Carter or Eddy Performer carb?

firefighter3931

Quote from: greenrt_se on November 12, 2005, 08:58:07 AM
yeah I use the spacer,and thats the problem,even whit drop base claener

Get rid of the spacer....all you need is a carb insulating gasket. Something that's 1/4in thick will suffice.   ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Oh yeah, I was even thinking about that part.  The Performer RPM kind of provides it's own spacer with the raised plenum there doesn't it?  I was thinking of the Carter fuel inlet and how it interferes even with most drop down air cleaners unless you use the restrictive 90* fitting.

greenrt_se

the carb is Demon 750 cfm

Ghoste

Yeah, you're good to go with that as far as air cleaners.