News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383 to 434 stroker

Started by ryan053, April 14, 2009, 04:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan053

Engine: 434 ci

Block: 383 40 over

Bore: 4.290

Stroke: 3.750

Pistons: custom diamond pistons

Compression Ratio: 9.7

Heads: ootb edelbrocks

Cam: xe275hl

Intake: edelbrock rpm

Carb: holley 750 double pumper

Trans: 4 speed

Gear Ratio: 3.91

Tire type/size: n50/15

Elevation: close to sea level

Hp/torque: 374/401 at the rear wheels. It wasn't tuned on the dyno. That's the power it made after breaking it in.

Hudson Hornet !

Anyone else here have expeirence with a combo like this, How is it to drive?
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: ryan053 on April 14, 2009, 04:37:08 PM

Hp/torque: 374/401 at the rear wheels. It wasn't tuned on the dyno. That's the power it made after breaking it in.

Nice

Any plans for a little Dyno tuning to see if you can improve?

Budnicks

Quote from: ryan053 on April 14, 2009, 04:37:08 PM
Engine: 434 ci

Block: 383 40 over

Bore: 4.290

Stroke: 3.750

Pistons: custom diamond pistons

Compression Ratio: 9.7

Heads: ootb edelbrocks

Cam: xe275hl

Intake: edelbrock rpm

Carb: holley 750 double pumper

Trans: 4 speed

Gear Ratio: 3.91

Tire type/size: n50/15

Elevation: close to sea level

Looks like a decent combo,but  must have had a pretty mild camshaft, that's like 467.5hp (374hp +25% for parasitic loss) at the crank "still a very good showing"
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Maybe a little intake, head port & pocket work will get a little more out of it, that way you can use the added lift & cubic inches more effectively... "Decent HP on a roller dyno still"... A wise engine builder once said there are 3 secrets to engine building (after the bottom end is bullet proof) well maybe 4 things... #1 Cylinder Heads #2 Cylinder Heads & lastly #3 Cylinder Heads
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Challenger340

Quote from: Hudson Hornet ! on February 16, 2010, 11:31:02 AM
Anyone else here have expeirence with a combo like this, How is it to drive?

Did a 434 like this for a Customer this past Spring, Diamonds @ 10.1, but ootb Stealths(gasket match only), Performer RPM and xs282 Solid Comp Cam, Dyno'd 530 Hp with 540 Trq.
Street Car B Body, 4 spd and 3.55's out back, drives very well, power everywhere.

The Owner also has a dedicated Drag Car, so he likes the power in his "Street" Car, although the Cam Lump/Lope may a bit much for most drivers, it lacks power NO-WHERE, even down low cruising with the 3.55's, which was my original concern.

I am NOT a fan of the XEHL series Cams from CompCams. I have had poor power results comparatively to less gifted Hydraulic Cams from other Manufacturers. I suspect the Intake profiles are too much too soon especially on Dual Plane Intakes, although in all fairness I have NOT gone back and played to find the problem, given, hey, it's just a Hydraulic Cam anyways, and others work better for me. NO TIME !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

MORFF

Like this combo can not wait tell I can get my engine to machine shop and see how much it needs. Then go from there.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi