News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to do.....

Started by Cole317, April 21, 2009, 10:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cole317

Hey guys, I would really appreciate some help on this. I'm currently building a 73 charger, and I'm stuck on what to do. So I have some questions.
I'd really like something that is
-Looks like an old grand touring/trans am car (like the Olympia Charger), and be able to corner. I hate the chip foose look with big chrome rims and 2 toned, I want something totally BA that people are scared to ride in  :yesnod:
-Run somewhere in the 11's or lower if that's even possible
-BE ABLE TO DRIVE ON THE STREET! so A/C (I could care less about noise, the louder the better imo)
So what I'm thinking is caging it, mini tub, suspension, brakes, yank interior and just put in two buckets w/ 5pt harnesses.
So my question is; is this even realistic? I mean, money actually has to come into play at one point. So what motor? rebuilt 440, new wedge, etc?  what kind of suspension, trans, gears, and yeah...
sorry i sound so clueless and demanding, but could anyone point me in the way of an ideal set up along these lines?
Thanks guys so much, I really appreciate any help!

Ghoste

It is realistic but you are very correct about the money part.  My suggestion would be to get the car safe to drive and approach it as a total package.  A quick search around the site will show the modifications others have done to similar cars to get the results you want.  You will have to upgrade the suspension and brakes.  A well built 440 or better yet one of the inexpensive stroker kits and aftermarket heads will get the power levels you want.
It's all very do-able but it isn't going to be something you finish in a year for pocket change.  Know that and stick to it and you'll get to your goal.