News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why doesn't anybody use the chat?

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, April 23, 2009, 03:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

I was just wondering why it seems that nobody uses the chat room as it seems that there are so many people willing to give advice quickly? This would be such a great tool to interact with the guys who really know what is going on.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

mikepmcs

Most likely, time confliction with each other's skeds??

Also, advice given on threads is much more beneficial to the whole family rather than just saying it in the chat room and possibly not reaching somebody else who really needed the info.(ie: chat room info is gone after a night and not searchable, posted info on a thread is there forever)  :Twocents:

Chat room is more for fun IMO.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Its hit or miss, I have been in the dodgecharger chat and had anywhere from 2-4 members in there over the last few months.  The chat is really cool as you can post pics/links etc, its pretty much like a live thread. 

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

mopar_nut_440_6

Thanks guys. I must just miss everyone when I have checked. It would be great to chat. A bit more personal IMHO!

Hey Beer how is the paint coming?
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Ghoste

Another forum I am on used to have certain nights and times that were more or less chat room nights.  I don't go there much anymore and I can't recall for certain how it was arranged but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a formalized thing, I think it just sort of evolved into a sort of "every other Tuesday at 8 pm let's try to hit the chatroom" thing.

Troy

That chat room is definitely busier in the evening. The old one was usually hoppin' but it was gone/broken for so long that I think we lost a lot of our chatters.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bigred68

I use it a bit. Met some really nice guy's!! Hi RTdaddy! Hi Buzz!

bk72

Beer

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on April 23, 2009, 10:39:52 AM
Thanks guys. I must just miss everyone when I have checked. It would be great to chat. A bit more personal IMHO!

Hey Beer how is the paint coming?

I think the body panels will be all on, and it in Primer end of the month.

Could have final paint Junish  :yesnod:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Brock Samson

it used to be a couple years ago that THURSDAY nights was the traditional time when a hald doz. to a dozen folks would sign on chat and talk smack...
recently a couple times that thurs nite tradition has re-emerged,...
but not with the same regularity as before....

there are some regulars who will sign on if you do...  :yesnod:

Dodge Don

Quote from: Troy on April 23, 2009, 01:45:28 PM
That chat room is definitely busier in the evening. The old one was usually hoppin' but it was gone/broken for so long that I think we lost a lot of our chatters.

Troy

I agree, alot of the old chatters have gone.

And the chat feature really isn't condusive to the post whores.....I mean how can you have a chat when all you have to contribute is... :popcrn:

Khyron

wait... I can't put a smilie in the chat!

im not going :-P

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.