News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

There goes my baby! UPDATE:She came home Friday 9/27/13.

Started by FJ5WING, April 24, 2009, 07:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcarenvy

That looks AWESOME!!!!! Congrats!!!

billssuperbird

i put the clip on and found i had the wrong nuts on the gas pedal. and i cant find them. any one have two i can get from them. :brickwall:

FJ5WING

just got an update from the boys at the shop. They had an issue with the vinyl top and had to rip it off and order another and will be using a different adhesive to install it sometime this week. The nose got Greened yesterday so I have a pic of that along with the roof prior to the first attempt. I also included a shot from my Pops send off from his recent passing. My mom wanted to use the Coronet along with my brothers 70 Corvette and Pops 87 Monte SS to lead him to his final resting place.
wingless now, but still around.

Dave Kanofsky

Looking good!  and sorry to hear of your pop's passing.  Prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family.

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

1970Moparmann

Sorry to hear about your father.   Prayers to you and your family.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

FJ5WING

Im looking for some hardware help....

Can anyone tell me what hardware is used to attach the galvanized lower corners on a Superbird? I cant imagine how I wouldn't have given them to the shop but they don't have anything.  :shruggy:

BB1

Delete my profile

DAY CLONA

Quote from: FJ5WING on July 25, 2013, 12:51:05 PM
Im looking for some hardware help....

Can anyone tell me what hardware is used to attach the galvanized lower corners on a Superbird? I cant imagine how I wouldn't have given them to the shop but they don't have anything.  :shruggy:

It's a "J" clip that's slid over the holes in the lower lip/holes on the C frames, 2 per side on the C frames that support the Z bars,....IIRC it's 1/4-20 thread, the threaded portion of the "J" clip faces upward on the lower rail of the C frame, so that you can bolt the pan corner and lower valance together from the bottom.

Mike

DAY CLONA

FJ5WING

Thanks Mike!!!

I was at the shop when they were installing the wing.

remta1

man looking awesome ..easiest way to install the wing , been there  :lol:

FJ5WING

needed to drop off and pick up stuff at the shop on Friday and found them assembling the nose getting ready for early next weeks mounting.

I may be pulling the nose off once I get the car home but only if I cant work around it. having the nose installed by the shop was never in the plans so Im not sure if Im happy or not. we'll see if I have to pull it or not. :shruggy:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 03, 2013, 04:46:05 PM
needed to drop off and pick up stuff at the shop on Friday and found them assembling the nose getting ready for early next weeks mounting.

I may be pulling the nose off once I get the car home but only if I cant work around it. having the nose installed by the shop was never in the plans so Im not sure if Im happy or not. we'll see if I have to pull it or not. :shruggy:

Looks like they are getting ready to paint the black out around the headlight door openings?....remember soft paint edges are needed (backtaping process) otherwise, if the edges are hard tape lines, they will show thru the decal when installed later,...then you'll either hate looking at that part of the car and live with it, or hate the fact that it's another one of those "do overs"

Mike

Indygenerallee

Looks FANTASTIC!!!! Sorry to hear about your father, Im sure he would be proud!!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

FJ5WING

Thanks for the reminder Mike!

Thanks Indygeneral!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 03, 2013, 07:21:53 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on August 03, 2013, 04:46:05 PM

Looks like they are getting ready to paint the black out around the headlight door openings?....remember soft paint edges are needed (backtaping process) otherwise, if the edges are hard tape lines, they will show thru the decal when installed later,...then you'll either hate looking at that part of the car and live with it, or hate the fact that it's another one of those "do overs"

Mike
Yeah definitely one of those items not to be overlooked. Personally it's one of my pet peeves when you can see the paint outlining the headlight buckets..

FJ5WING

I just wanted to get this updated a little since it looks like the Bird is coming home next weekend.

Does anyone have any experience with the repop headlight vacuum cans? I was cleaning mine up today and found the source of the loss of vacuum. The non diaphragm end has several pin holes. Im on the look out for a good used piece if anyone knows.

Charger-Bodie

Id get the originals rebuilt. The repops are the 68 style with the magnets inside. You need 69 style for a Daytona or a bird.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

nascarxx29

The original listed # is 961 .Charger Speciality or another vender had them or rebuilt them
Another #961 actuator post Wilson products refurbishes them
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,46281.0.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

DAY CLONA

Quote from: FJ5WING on September 21, 2013, 07:33:54 PM
I just wanted to get this updated a little since it looks like the Bird is coming home next weekend.

Does anyone have any experience with the repop headlight vacuum cans? I was cleaning mine up today and found the source of the loss of vacuum. The non diaphragm end has several pin holes. Im on the look out for a good used piece if anyone knows.

I've used the repro units on a few customers projects, very nice repros, spendy though!!!!originals are not that hard to find, they often are shot though, your choice repro, or original/repaired, which are often just injected with a flexible rubber agent until the diaphram stops leaking, this can result in a canister requiring more vacuum to operate,..as the diaphram is now thicker and more resistant to moving

Regarding the magnets, both the 68 and 69 canisters have them, just that the 68's are much larger, the 68 canister in wingcar use, may actually be of a benefit, as the magnet holds the door in the closed position, esp if your using the factory safety springs on the pivot shafts, the system will still bleed off vacuum (usually the dash switch) and then your Bird will exhibit the lazy eye look after sitting for some time after running, the larger magnets will hold them closed, only draw back to the larger mags is if you have low vacuum due to camshaft/engine build, then you'll have to run up the engine to produce some stored vacuum to pop the lights up,...I've got 68 canisters on my Daytona, 10" vac at idle and the lights come up fine, but I don't run the safety springs either.....

Disregard anything D. Patik has posted on the 68 canisters and not using them because of some swing arc radius nonsense, the 68 canisters are identical in all shape/function to the 69's with the exception of the casting numbers, and the magnet base size

If you do purchase the repro canisters, buy directly from Mike Ross at BEAParts.com as the intial run (some of which may still be out there with other vendors, Ebay, etc, leak) Mike had a new run made to solve any issues, and he assures you he has tested each and every one before they leave his shop

mike

FJ5WING

Im sorry I wasn't more clear in my chice of words.  :P

Im looking for the reservoir can that sits under the battery tray.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

tan top

:drool5:  looks awesome   :yesnod:   :coolgleamA: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

FJ5WING

I wouldn't call it pricey! some of the NOS stuff I picked up....now that's pricey.

Im calling as soon as they open.