News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headrest Seals

Started by B5 Charger, November 13, 2005, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5 Charger

Does anybody know where I can buy the black seals that go on the underside of the 2nd generation headrests?   ???

Spartan

I thought I saw them on Y1 or Paddock's website a few months back.  Charger Specialties might have them too.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

y3chargerrt

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: y3chargerrt on November 13, 2005, 05:25:41 PM
Kruizen moons has them
Had mine restored by them and they had the "gaskets"

www.krusinmoons.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

B5 Charger

Thanks guys I found them on the Cruisin Moons website.   ;D

runningman

Going to add headrests to my 68, what are these gaskets?  Anyone have pics?  Thanks

Spartan

If the 68 headrests are same as 69.  If your headrest is out, flip it upside down, the gasket covers the span between the chrome posts on the bottom of the headrest.  It covers the hole there.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

runningman

I bought a set of the new repro headrests, is it a rectangular piece of vinyl or something that goes between the posts?  I will try and take a pic of mine.

Spartan

Its almost like a rigid piece of paper or thin stiff vinyl.  it is rectagular but more round on the ends.  There are 2 holes to go thru the headrest posts.  Mine are really old so I am not sure if they are just placed on or glued on.  The seals are black.

I need to figure out how to replace the chrome ring around the headrest.

B5 Charger

Kruisin Moons sells the headrest bands too.  Getting the old ones off really sucks.  I used a hair dryer and an exacto knife.  The glue didn't really want to give it up.

Spartan

Ya, I saw that.  The issue I has was getting them off too. It looks like they are bonded/molded to the vinyl.  I was affraid I would rip it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: runningman on November 17, 2005, 10:55:34 AM
I bought a set of the new repro headrests, is it a rectangular piece of vinyl or something that goes between the posts? I will try and take a pic of mine.

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

runningman

Yeah that is what I have on mine..........thanks!