News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

master cylinder 69

Started by charger01, November 13, 2005, 06:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

I put a new brake booster and master cylinder on my 69 charger.  I removed the piston retaining screw on the back of the master cylinder that holds the piston in place.  Should I have done this , or should it be left in place?

Charger_Fan

Why did you take it out? was it interferring with the way it bolted up to the booster?

I would have let it there, probably. It sounds like it's there to keep the piston from popping out the back end.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

charger01

I didnt think it was needed once it was bolted up.  I guess I was assuming it was put there for shipping.  I guess I should have left it there.  Hope I can find it...

Chryco Psycho

I would put it back in , I bet it is a standard thread

BigBlockSam

QuoteI would put it back in , I bet it is a standard thread   
:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

It might not cause you any problems without it, but if you go to remove it some years down the road anf forget that it is missing, you could have a mess to clean up.

charger01

I will put it back, thanks guys