News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

And Justice For All

Started by 0X01B8, April 30, 2009, 08:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

So, I'm feeling kinda boxed in these days.  Old Landlord is suing me for back rent.  He thinks I owe him money.  He's wrong.  He owes me money.  Luckily, I've got a good attorney, but it's more $ out the window.  Crap at work.  More wealthy MFs screwing me out of what is certainly chump change for them.  ShitiGroup raising my APR for no good reason.  Whatever.

What can you do?

Metaillica's And Justice for All is a good first choice.  I used to listen to this over and over, and cruise around in my POS '70 Barracuda.  It's one of the few perfect albums.  I didn't realize just how brilliant it is until recently.  I mean, what's a teenager really got to be pissed off about?  Now it all makes perfect sense.  James Hetfield's angry vocals are just plain beautiful.

Check it out, or, re-listen to it again.

-j

69bronzeT5

I listen to that album over and over. I'm gonna listen to it right now
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger666

God damn, how I love Metallica!  :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka:

Manfred318

:notworthy:   

'Nuff said :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

devilgear

I have to be honest I never liked that record...I have been listening to Metallica since before their first record came out and I think the best thing they have done since Master of Puppets is........DEATH MAGNETIC.....Uh oh you all will hate me now, but it's true....What an awesome record that is...Perfect blend of new mind set and old Metallica...

Manfred318

Quote from: devilgear on April 30, 2009, 11:48:08 PM
I have to be honest I never liked that record...I have been listening to Metallica since before their first record came out and I think the best thing they have done since Master of Puppets is........DEATH MAGNETIC.....Uh oh you all will hate me now, but it's true....What an awesome record that is...Perfect blend of new mind set and old Metallica...
I dont hate ya, but I will have to murder you now :lol: I really loved Death Magnetic. I thought it was the best since ...And Justice.  Kill 'Em All is my absolute favorite Metallica album. I listen to that one all the time :METAL:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

teamroth

Quote from: devilgear on April 30, 2009, 11:48:08 PM

You suck

Just kidding. I didn't like Death Magnetic as much as others, but you have to let bands evolve and grow, they cant all be Master and Justice
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

mikepmcs

:METAL: :METAL: :METAL:

I'll be diggin my Metallica out today now. Great idea as I'll be in the garage working on the coronet, yet again.  I think it will be metallica day. :2thumbs:

Oh, and sorry for your troubles, hang in there.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Hemidog

1.Puppets
2.Lightning
3.Justice
4.Killem
5.load/reload/garage
Really tired of black album, and the new albums I can't get used to....
:Twocents:

devilgear

Id have to do it this way...

#1 MOP
#2 Kill 'em all
#3 Death Magnetic
#4 Garage Days
#5 RTL
#6 Everything else they have ever done except that St. Anger crap...

69bronzeT5

For me....

#1- Ride The Lightning
#2- Master of Puppets
#3- Kill 'Em All
#4- Black Album
#5- And Justice For All
#6- Death Magnetic
#7- Everything else
#8- St. Anger

mikepmcs

For me....swap Cody's 1 and 2 and the rest are the same pretty much.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

FJ571440B

SKIRTS!  :slap: Metallica stopped being Metallica when they first got the idea to write that Black album BS(some good RIFFS is about the only good thing). They put 20 years on in 1 album. They've turned to old men at that point. All the stuff they put out now,if you listen closely,it is basically all of their old riffs packed together into so-called songs. Basically a recorded and mastered "jam session" is what it boils down to. Who can blame them,Burton kicked the bucket,Newsted turned bitch,and the new bass player is pretty much a fill-in guy,(adds NOTHING musically).Hammet is the equivelent to a $3 bill,Ulrich is "King _hit of Terd Mountain",and plays nothing like he used to(and a control freak,he should go play tennis like his dad,bein' washed up 'n all!),and God love'em,Hetfield is just gettin' old! So to stay alive,they went comercial(money too of course!),cuz the old way would not have pulled them through.
  Next in line for me would be Slayer. They just wont quit,and the sound has not changed,only improved,unlike the old men we are speaking of.  :slap:
Next time....

Hemidog

Slayer still rocks hard! But I don't know if Araya wants to keep it up much longer  :scratchchin:
Glad I have seen them twice! (Not bad if you live outside the US).

devilgear

I really disagree about Slayer...What have they done at all in the last few years that exapanded on their sound like Metalica has? Nothing...Metallica has made some mistakes, but that happends when you are an artist that tries to expand your boundries...Every good band has done that...Stones, Zepplin, Kiss, etc...I don't think Slayer has done anything close to good since the 80's..Metallica even had a few good songs here and there on most cd's I did not like. Plus if they did play similer to anything they have done, well that's called having a style and they have done alot of things that never came close to their older music (good or bad)...

KS71owner

I was introduced to Metallica just before the Black Album, my best friend let me borrow ...And Justice and I was HOOKED. I bought every album I could find soon after. The only one I don't have now is St. Anger, for some reason I never picked it up. I enjoyed Death Magnetic too, but I think ..And Justice is my favorite as well. Been to see them twice (so far) live, once in Germany in 1993 and here in KS in 2006.

Lost Sheep

In October Im going to see them in Minnapolis, MN and I cant friggin wait. Never seen them live before.
Chicks Dig Muscle Cars

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Lost Sheep on May 09, 2009, 12:55:23 PM
In October Im going to see them in Minnapolis, MN and I cant friggin wait. Never seen them live before.

You'll love them. I saw them back in December. I was on the floor about 5 feet from the stage, it was awesome :yesnod:

jaak

I have Ride the Lightning in my CD player in my shop, I love that album, it and justice are probably my favs

Jason

rav440

Quote from: FJ571440B on May 07, 2009, 11:47:40 AM
SKIRTS!  :slap: Metallica stopped being Metallica when they first got the idea to write that Black album BS(some good RIFFS is about the only good thing). They put 20 years on in 1 album. They've turned to old men at that point. All the stuff they put out now,if you listen closely,it is basically all of their old riffs packed together into so-called songs. Basically a recorded and mastered "jam session" is what it boils down to. Who can blame them,Burton kicked the bucket,Newsted turned bitch,and the new bass player is pretty much a fill-in guy,(adds NOTHING musically).Hammet is the equivelent to a $3 bill,Ulrich is "King _hit of Terd Mountain",and plays nothing like he used to(and a control freak,he should go play tennis like his dad,bein' washed up 'n all!),and God love'em,Hetfield is just gettin' old! So to stay alive,they went comercial(money too of course!),cuz the old way would not have pulled them through.
  Next in line for me would be Slayer. They just wont quit,and the sound has not changed,only improved,unlike the old men we are speaking of.  :slap:

everybody has thier opinion . it just some opinions are wrong and some are stupid & it turns out yours is both  :slap:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

devilgear

Wow...Thats pretty strong...HAHAHAHHA...People really feel Metallica deep in their soal don't they?...hahaha

69bronzeT5

One band that has never really changed their sound and always puts out awesome albums is Iron Maiden :yesnod:

devilgear

I agree..Maidens last couple were great...