News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know where to get these?

Started by twinscrew698, May 02, 2009, 07:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinscrew698

Just need the upper contol arm brackets for 68 B body?

I used someones pic to show what i need sorry!!

UFO

I will say the only place to them is cut them from another car.

twinscrew698

Yeah i think so too, hoping some one sells after market but not seen any!!

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: twinscrew698 on May 02, 2009, 07:15:52 PM

I recognize that car!! No worries!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

twinscrew698

Thanks glad you understand..That pic was the only one i seen that showed what we need!

suntech

Try to contact some of the guys that has the VX og Bill Reilly front suspention. They will take them off, to fit the new suspention.
Or maybe contact XV og Bill Reilly directly. They have installed a few, so they should have a few lying around :Twocents:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

NorwayCharger

Quote from: suntech on May 03, 2009, 05:10:43 AM
Try to contact some of the guys that has the VX og Bill Reilly front suspention. They will take them off, to fit the new suspention.
Or maybe contact XV og Bill Reilly directly. They have installed a few, so they should have a few lying around :Twocents:

The original upper contol arm brackets are used on the RMS (Bill Reilly) front suspension, i did anyway   ;)
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

twinscrew698

suntech

Sorry Arne, i thought that was like it is on the XV.  :scratchchin:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

lilwendal

Quote from: twinscrew698 on May 02, 2009, 07:15:52 PM

Damn...Just threw a set of shock towers with them attached away not 3 weeks ago.
I do have another set  thrown aside if you have no luck let me know and I'll take the plasma cutter to it.

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

twinscrew698

lilwendal how much you want for both of those?

twinscrew698

SFRT you mean those from Mitchell? If so Thanks for the info but thats a lot more than i can afford!!

lilwendal

Quote from: twinscrew698 on May 06, 2009, 06:24:14 AM
lilwendal how much you want for both of those?

Are you needing both sides????? When i get home I'll snap some pics and you can tell me exactly where you need them cut at.  I've got a plie of old sheetmetal I've been slowly cutting up and hauling out.  Wanted to post various little brackets or metal sections they don't repop for those that might need it. Just been busy.
Same as the random acts thread.  Just pay me back the shipping and I'm good. I'll be able to get them off this weekend....

FJ5WING

Anyone have any tricks for patching these in so the alignment is still possible? I may be needing to replace one side on my car and wondered how to get it located properly?
wingless now, but still around.

lilwendal

Well I never did throw the other set of frame rails with the towers out so I have 3 sets here with those upper control arm brackets.
I'd prefer to cut/ship the whole tower so you have all your reference points for  when you go to install it again. Just more to ship the tower as opposed to just the brackets.
If I cut the tower off flush at the top of the rail will that work for you?

NorwayCharger

Quote from: lilwendal on May 06, 2009, 06:23:57 PM
Well I never did throw the other set of frame rails with the towers out so I have 3 sets here with those upper control arm brackets.
I'd prefer to cut/ship the whole tower so you have all your reference points for  when you go to install it again. Just more to ship the tower as opposed to just the brackets.
If I cut the tower off flush at the top of the rail will that work for you?

Maybe this helps.
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

twinscrew698

lilwendal that will be fine as the tower itself apears to be good its just those mounting brackets rusted...

twinscrew698