News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona is gone to the body shop...Little Splash O' Color...update 7/27/13

Started by Daytona R/T SE, May 04, 2009, 09:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

A little more B5 :coolgleamA:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 06, 2013, 05:43:02 PM
A little more B5 :coolgleamA:

That just looks ELECTRIC !   :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :drool5:
  B5 never seemed that Electric even though it's called Blue Fire Metallic . :Twocents:

Daytona R/T SE

Out in the sunshine  :coolgleamA:

Charger-Bodie

As vibrant as the paint looks I would be willing to bet its waterbourne paint.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on May 07, 2013, 05:50:34 PM
As vibrant as the paint looks I would be willing to bet its waterbourne paint.

I really don't know, but as long as it keeps coming out this good... :drool5:

It could be paint by numbers and that would be OK with me... ;)

hotrod98

That really looks like the 70 version of B5 blue which is more to the red side. The 69 version was a little greener. When we painted the B5 bird last year, we were only painting the exterior. Someone had previously painted the car the 69 version so we had to go with that. I like the 70 version much better. The donor Charger that I just bought to build my next clone with is a B5 car. Been thinking real hard about going 70 B5 on it.

I've noticed that many of the paint companies are only offering one version of the B5 blue for some reason and it's usually the 70 version even though it's listed for the 69 models. It's hard to see the difference unless you have two cars side by side.

Yours looks great no matter which version it is.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

Today's update  :coolgleamA:

A383Wing

that things gonna be purty when done....do you still have the "assembly" instructions so it goes together in the right order?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on May 08, 2013, 10:17:08 PM
that things gonna be purty when done....do you still have the "assembly" instructions so it goes together in the right order?

It's all in my head. ;)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 08, 2013, 06:15:23 PM
Today's update  :coolgleamA:

Ah Heck !!!!   That looks great... A precursor of things to come.........  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

A383Wing

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 09, 2013, 06:07:16 AM

It's all in my head. ;)

that kinda scares me now

Bryan

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on May 09, 2013, 03:22:00 PM

It's all in my head. ;)

that kinda scares me now

Bryan

It scares me worse. ;)

Man... :scratchchin:

I need to start making room in my garage :o

It won't be long now. :coolgleamA:

...Anybody want an Imperial ?  :shruggy:

:rotz:  :eek2:  ::)  :'(  :bawling:

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 07, 2013, 06:51:45 PM
That really looks like the 70 version of B5 blue which is more to the red side. The 69 version was a little greener. When we painted the B5 bird last year, we were only painting the exterior. Someone had previously painted the car the 69 version so we had to go with that. I like the 70 version much better. The donor Charger that I just bought to build my next clone with is a B5 car. Been thinking real hard about going 70 B5 on it.

I've noticed that many of the paint companies are only offering one version of the B5 blue for some reason and it's usually the 70 version even though it's listed for the 69 models. It's hard to see the difference unless you have two cars side by side.

Yours looks great no matter which version it is.

I wonder if it is different paint lines. On my 500 the car is a gallon mix, the bumpers are a quart mix, and the front spoiler is a pint mix. They are all PPG and they are all the same supplier and there is three different colors, minute differences, one is greener,one is bluer, and one is lighter. Back in the day acrylic lacquer was a different color than acrylic enamel  When I do some repainting everything will be a blend.  :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hotrod98

There are differences in the toners from batch to batch. If you have paint mixed on different days, the color could be different. And, occasionally the guy mixing it could pull up the wrong B5 blue formula.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 09, 2013, 04:12:41 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on May 09, 2013, 03:22:00 PM

It's all in my head. ;)

that kinda scares me now

Bryan

It scares me worse. ;)

Man... :scratchchin:

I need to start making room in my garage :o

It won't be long now. :coolgleamA:

...Anybody want an Imperial ?  :shruggy:

:rotz:  :eek2:  ::)  :'(  :bawling:
sure
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

Stu wants it...that way he will have something to take to shows this year....we need burnout videos of Stu & Imperial

Bryan   :D

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on May 09, 2013, 09:40:17 PM
Stu wants it...that way he will have something to take to shows this year....we need burnout videos of Stu & Imperial

Bryan   :D

Ya know sumthin'... :scratchchin:

My Imperial has on occasion, experienced an accidental, sudden loss of traction resulting in excessive tire wear.   :misbehaving:  :whistling:

thehemikid

Daaaaang      ....that's slick,   ...hiding the speakers under the fender scoops!!!   :D     THAT,    ...is a beautiful Blue,  & I'm sure its even Mo better in person.

A383Wing

cdr

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 12, 2013, 06:50:19 PM
Tire clearance  ;)  :smilielol:

tire clearance----------air vent

tire clearance----------air vent

great taste------------less filling            :smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

A383Wing

I wish I had a mouse-trap in mine for every time someone put their hands inside the scoops on my car

Bryan

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on May 12, 2013, 07:17:25 PM
I wish I had a mouse-trap in mine for every time someone put their hands inside the scoops on my car

Bryan

What are they looking (groping) for?  :shruggy:

A383Wing

I don't know...but it's amazing what looky-loo people do to cars at shows anymore...

Bryan