News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona is gone to the body shop...Little Splash O' Color...update 7/27/13

Started by Daytona R/T SE, May 04, 2009, 09:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

"Just match the paint to the stripe/decal, ultimately that's what it has to match anyway, right?"

In a perfect world that would be true, but...

I haven't ordered the stripe yet, so nothing to match it to.

I'd like to let the paint on the body cure for a while before I apply the stripe.

You are not supposed to order the stripe until you are ready to apply it.

Projects can be put aside and next thing you know, your "new" stripe is a year old.

We need to paint the wing late this week, or early next week, the car comes home

on the 27th.

I had no idea this would be this difficult, surely someone, somewhere has painted a

white wing recently and can reply with "You need brand X, code YYYY" or

whatever :shruggy:

Daytona R/T SE

I just got some BIG help from Mike (DAY CLONA) on the white wing paint.

Thank you very much, sir. :coolgleamA:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Montreal Wing Car on July 16, 2013, 01:45:10 PM
That car (The Radke blue and red one) is one of the reasons I'm hooked on Wing Cars, I still have the muffler ad and Hot Rod Road test, and I built a 1/25th model of it in the 70's, using parts from the race version to modify a regular 69 Charger, ast the street Daytona kits were not available yet... It's one of the only ones I still keep in my showcase...

Ben

PS, sorry to hijack this thread on your beautiful project!

That's a good looking model. :coolgleamA:

I remember that car from the "Automobile" cover from years ago.

I still have that issue around here, somewhere.

As I remember, it was only on the cover and not featured in the magazine? :scratchchin:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 16, 2013, 03:31:45 PM
"Just match the paint to the stripe/decal, ultimately that's what it has to match anyway, right?"

In a perfect world that would be true, but...

I haven't ordered the stripe yet, so nothing to match it to.

I'd like to let the paint on the body cure for a while before I apply the stripe.

You are not supposed to order the stripe until you are ready to apply it.

Projects can be put aside and next thing you know, your "new" stripe is a year old.

We need to paint the wing late this week, or early next week, the car comes home

on the 27th.

I had no idea this would be this difficult, surely someone, somewhere has painted a

white wing recently and can reply with "You need brand X, code YYYY" or

whatever :shruggy:

Ah , understood.
Glad Mike was able to help you out.
He just helped me out with my Daytona project too, he's definitely a good egg  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
( not to mention a wealth of knowledge and accomplished wing car builder )

Daytona R/T SE

Daytona R/T SE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

Daytona R/T SE

The cans of B5 have been sealed. :coolgleamA:

All the blue is done. :cheers:

All that's left to be painted is the wing and the rear side marker bezels :2thumbs:

Check out the Super Deluxe wing upright holder/sanding/priming fixture:

DAY CLONA

All that's left to be painted is the wing and the rear side marker bezels :2thumbs:

[/quote]

Not too late for............RED? :nana:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: DAY CLONA on July 19, 2013, 11:11:05 PM

All that's left to be painted is the wing and the rear side marker bezels :2thumbs:

Not too late for............RED? :nana:
[/quote]

:slap:

:nana:

:smilielol:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ram07

:2thumbs:

How long until you're driving it?

Can you put it together faster than, hmmmm :scratchchin: ...a guy putting a six speed in a funny looking green convertible?   :icon_smile_big:

Budnicks

your car is freaken' awesome bad ass bitchen' cool as hell, great work.... love the colors
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

A383Wing

Quote from: Ram07 on July 20, 2013, 04:13:16 PM
:2thumbs:

How long until you're driving it?

Can you put it together faster than, hmmmm :scratchchin: ...a guy putting a six speed in a funny looking green convertible?   :icon_smile_big:

I bet he can...& will

Daytona R/T SE

Thanks, Guys :coolgleamA:

I'm sure that green convertible will be back up and runnin' before my car sees the road.

The drivetrain budget is lookin' a little weak, right now...

::)

BUT !

I've got all kinds of cheap/free stuff to do before I have to cough up the dough for

the engine, trans, etc. ;)

BigBlockSam

QuoteLooking really good!! Gonna be driving it in no time!!!  2thumbs

or at least you'll be sitting in the  front seat going VROOM, VROOM!   :nana: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

A383Wing

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 20, 2013, 07:52:57 PM

or at least you'll be sitting in the  front seat going VROOM, VROOM!   :nana: :cheers:

is that the "voice of experience" talking, Rene?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 20, 2013, 07:52:57 PM
QuoteLooking really good!! Gonna be driving it in no time!!!  2thumbs

or at least you'll be sitting in the  front seat going VROOM, VROOM!   :nana: :cheers:

Ya know sumthin'?

I've actually done that. :smilielol:

cdr

Quote from: Budnicks on July 20, 2013, 04:16:57 PM
your car is freaken' awesome bad ass bitchen' cool as hell, great work.... love the colors

WHAT HE SAID   :iagree:   PLUS its just down right  THE BEST LOOKIN DAYTONA i have seen.   :yesnod:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

BigBlockSam

Quoteis that the "voice of experience" talking, Rene?

nope! i buy all my cars as driving projects . if i blew my car apart to do a nut and bolt resto i would never get it back together again . to much work for me .  :slap:

QuoteYa know sumthin'? I've actually done that.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: