News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rallye instrument cluster lighting trouble shooting steps help

Started by charge-it, May 12, 2009, 04:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge-it

So far I've solved the rear taillight/blinker flashing too fast issue (incorrect flasher, replaced with the correct flasher problem solved). I then replaced the blinker switch assemby because I broke one of the canceling tangs (just old and worn out). Today I solved and repaired the no reverse lamp issue. Now I have a complete rebuilt/restored/tested/re-silkscreened gauge cluster. All the switches were rebuilt and tested. The tic-toc-tach was converted to quartz/solid state and both work great. The small 5 volt transformer on the back of the guage cluster was also upgraded to solid state. All of the guages seem to work fine except the fuel gauge reading is off and I suspect the float on the sending unit needs an adjustment.The issue at hand now is the that none of the lights in the gauge cluster work. When turning the adjustment/reostat switch on the dash all the way on, the dome lamp and console lights come on just like they should. Also my radio isn't working and that radio was also restored/bench tested and a new correct 8 ohm speaker was used in the dash. My question is where do I start the trouble shooting process for the dash lights and then the radio? As far as I can tell all of the fuses seem to be ok but I will double check them to make sure. Once these two issues are solved I can install my carpet, console, door pads and panels and take the car for a front end alignment. Once that is done I can finally start to drive this car. We are about 95% complete on the restoration and everything has gone fairly smoothly to this point but this last 5% is beating me into the ground...Oh yeah, I also have to blast and repaint 5 14x5.5 wheels and get the tires mounted. My car is a bullitt clone and hopefully this all doesn't end by me driving th car into the gas pumps....but at times I can honestly say i've felt like doing just that!
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com