News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2008 GTO........

Started by BigBlackDodge, July 29, 2005, 02:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/07/29/new_gto/index.html

Gotta give the GM gang a thumbs up for realizing the design (but not performance!!!) faults with the current GTO.............blah. Now if only the DCX guys could do the same.................... ::)

The new '09 Challenger better be bad-azz.......................or we'll be laughed at again in a few years. :-\

BBD

73 Charger 440

Found some pictures, but it doesnt look that great to me, Id rather have the current one...

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 73 Charger 440 on July 29, 2005, 02:58:52 PM
Found some pictures, but it doesnt look that great to me, Id rather have the current one...

Where?????????

BBD

Brock Samson

" Inside Line, an automotive Website produced by CNN.com automotive partner Edmunds.com, is reporting that the new GTO could be a four-door car with a coupe-like profile. That conjecture is based on information from sources at GM and other companies involved with the project, a spokeswoman for Edmunds.com said."

bull

Wooptie do!!!!!!!
                   Not.

Paul G

It still looks like my daughter's Sunfire.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

bull

Here's an interesting read: http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/18/Autos/carreviews/muscle_roundup/index.htm

Dodge Charger
Selling point: A big sedan with chest-thumping power

Weak point: Big sedans just aren't as fun as smaller, lighter coupes.

Price: About $29,000 for Charger R/T

Stretching the definition of muscle car, Dodge added back doors and usable trunk space. Well, actually what they did was remold the Chrysler 300C into it's bad-boy brother. But it's got the Charger name and the engine is called a Hemi.

It's a half-beat slower than the Mustang or GTO and it rolls around the corners with a bit more heft. It is, after all, a large sedan, not a coupe. Four people can get in and out of this car easily and sit in it comfortably -- five in a pinch -- and they can take all their luggage with them, too.

The interior is bland and, in places, cheap-looking and ugly. Rear visibility can be a little challenging, due to the high back fenders and cut-down rear windows.

While the Charger's thrills are bit more muted than the Mustang's or GTO's, it's the only one of these three cars that could stand alone as a family's primary rolling stock. It also offers stability control -- which neither the Mustang or GTO has -- along with side impact airbags, which the GTO lacks.

It's fun to get crazy, but there is something to be said for safety, especially when the family is along for the ride.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Paul G on July 29, 2005, 03:44:58 PM
It still looks like my daughter's Sunfire.

It's this same reason I didn't know they were actually available when they were on the lots. I kept reading about them, but never saw a photo because I had no interest. There's a Pontiac dealer near me that has a used car lot that I would check out when I saw pick up trucks arrive. I must have driven past the new GTO's at least a dozen times until one day they blocked the entrance with 2 of them & tied a 20 foot long banner between them saying "GTO Is On Sale Here" I still thought they were using a pair of Grand AM's or something until I saw the GTO letters on them.

It might be a fast car that's fun to drive, but what do you expect from the same company that brought us the Aztek?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TheGhost

Side profile kinda reminds me of the new Mustang....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69_500

If they actually make a challenger and its a 2 door version and has the HEMI in it, i'm sure it will sell.

Heck the Charger is selling decently, and that is with having 4 doors.

How I wish it had 2 doors.

Silver R/T

little GTO youre looking so ....import
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69_500

I thought that you liked the import cars?

Silver R/T

ya, some not every import car, for instance dont like civics, accords etc. Also if its GTO i think it should look more american, well it just looks like cavalier with different front. Wouldnt buy it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lightning

Quote from: bull on July 29, 2005, 03:45:51 PM
Here's an interesting read: http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/18/Autos/carreviews/muscle_roundup/index.htm

Dodge Charger
Selling point: A big sedan with chest-thumping power

Weak point: Big sedans just aren't as fun as smaller, lighter coupes.

Price: About $29,000 for Charger R/T

Stretching the definition of muscle car, Dodge added back doors and usable trunk space. Well, actually what they did was remold the Chrysler 300C into it's bad-boy brother. But it's got the Charger name and the engine is called a Hemi.

It's a half-beat slower than the Mustang or GTO and it rolls around the corners with a bit more heft. It is, after all, a large sedan, not a coupe. Four people can get in and out of this car easily and sit in it comfortably -- five in a pinch -- and they can take all their luggage with them, too.

The interior is bland and, in places, cheap-looking and ugly. Rear visibility can be a little challenging, due to the high back fenders and cut-down rear windows.

While the Charger's thrills are bit more muted than the Mustang's or GTO's, it's the only one of these three cars that could stand alone as a family's primary rolling stock. It also offers stability control -- which neither the Mustang or GTO has -- along with side impact airbags, which the GTO lacks.

It's fun to get crazy, but there is something to be said for safety, especially when the family is along for the ride.

gee....the stuff that's not in bold sounds an awful lot like my car... except I can fit 6 people in mine...
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Ghoste

It does look like an import and I think that is for good reason.  In some sense, it is an import after all, but I also think GM was a little too caught up in looking at Toyota for inspiration (or is it fear?).

Crazy440

It's still an import.  Being built in Australia and the motor from Canada.  They shouldn't be running in Pro Stock.  They should run with the rest of the imports.  Definitely, NOT American Muscle.
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

Ghoste

GM could build a car that's identical to the ugliest Subaru and even call it the Chevy Asiane Import Clone, and NASCAR and NHRA would still allow it to run and stack the rules in their favor.   It'll stay that way as long as most of the people in the stands keep wearing their "heartbeat" t-shirts and "bowtie" ball caps.

dkn1997

I like that it looks like a sunfire.  total sleeper.  throw some hubcaps on it and go out and have fun.  If that car could be had as a leftover for low 20's, that's a great car for the money.  Nobody who knows anything about cars can argue with that drivetrain.  it's a vette in sheeps clothing
RECHRGED