News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do you get seat foam?

Started by bull, November 14, 2005, 07:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Does Year One and/or Legendary sell new molded foam for our Charger seats?

bull

Well, I found this but it's only for the front seats: http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=1

Where do you get foam for the back seat?

Troy

Legendary had at least the front seats (so do most other places - Dante's, Harden's, YO, Paddock, etc.). I'd have to look around for the rear but those usually last a lot longer due to less wear.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Hmmmmm. I'm hoping for a few months worth of new car smell, or close to it, when I get the interior finished. ;) With all the moisture inside over the years that seat foam has surely gotten musty. But yea, the rear seat is probably ok structure-wise.

Troy

Well, the rear isn't exactly molded or anything so putting in new cut-to-fit foam is probably a viable solution. I haven't done mine yet but they really don't look complicated.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

When I purchased my car it came with the front seats already done - new foam and new Legendary covers.  I do have the original back seat - I have a new cover and it will go to the upholstry shop where they will use standard foam and the new Legendary cover.

It is pretty generic and is not molded.

ck1

Quote from: bull on November 14, 2005, 09:03:06 PM
Hmmmmm. I'm hoping for a few months worth of new car smell, or close to it, when I get the interior finished. ;) With all the moisture inside over the years that seat foam has surely gotten musty. But yea, the rear seat is probably ok structure-wise.
I was just gonna spray mine with fa-breeze stuff altough my seats have been redone, by the time they get back in the car they'll smell old again :icon_smile_dead:
CJK

Spartan

I have gotten front foam from Y1.  From what I was told, rear seats can be done with any foam an upolstry shop carries since it is a bench seat.  Mine was so bad it was moldy and crubly....The seats were bad from the day I bought her.  My dad's 67 #2 was out of Cali and the foam was so hard and dried out it looked like croutons.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Ghoste

I have to do foam when I do my upholstery this winter too.  Mine isn't croutons, it's more like dandruff.  No matter how much I clean the interior, there is always a little shower of foam coming down onto the carpet.

Spartan

Cuz my vinyl was shot, every time I leaned against it my jacket had dandruff. lol.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

70kracken

my front and back seats were shot hardley any foam on them at all.  my interior guy said he could refoam them.  six years later, my seats are still in really good shape.  start asking interior shops.
RELEASE THE KRACKEN