News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Board Poster *Update December 22*

Started by 6pkrunner, November 15, 2005, 12:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on December 22, 2005, 08:29:56 AM
ARE THERE GOING TO BE POSTERS FOR SALE? IT WOULD LOOK GOOD ON MY WALL.

I believe that is  the plan. Looks great so far 6pak. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hydroforce

awesome!!!
I def. want a couple of them!!

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

CB

Mine isn't on the poster I believe.
You can chose between these if you like :)

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

6pkrunner

13 cars needed.

BLACKWOLF - from previous page

Quote from: 6pkrunner on December 19, 2005, 11:51:35 AM
December 19th update

When finished, it can be had in the following sizes

24 x 31.7
28 x 37
32 x 42.25
36 x 47.5

Bond or laminated. And I would suggest whoever is interested to try to team up for courier delivery. The starting price for courier is $17 and will remain at $17 for up to 4 posters. After that the price increases with the weight, but still only a fraction as opposed to $17 to ship one in a tube at a time. And after 4 years of lost, damaged, destroyed items with regular post and the inability to track items, I more than recommend the courier route. It really isn't that much more than regular post and its 3-5 business days and traceable.

Blown70

Rolling thunder.... That could be another car.... :shruggy:

ChgrSteve67

6pkrunner

Mass_Mopar

-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hydroforce

how much are the posters going to cost?
if someone listed costs- sorry I didn't see it.

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

69charger2002

here's another of mine 6pk. if you could add it. definitely a keeper. got it this weekend. 69 R/T
thanks
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69charger2002

and lastly, my wife's black 70 R/T SE . she'd kill me if her car isn't in the poster
trav

Blown70

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 22, 2005, 03:56:06 PM
here's another of mine 6pk. if you could add it. definitely a keeper. got it this weekend. 69 R/T
thanks
trav

WOW that is nice....Keeping that one?

6pkrunner

Travis - can you run out and snap another picture of the boss'...umm wife's car? I need to format for a 3x5 ratio and the RTSE will not go. I'd have to create top and bottom fillers and it isn't the prettiest, unless I chop it into another background.
I'd sooner use a real photo.
Thanks!

69charger2002

is this any better? it's dark and the car is so dirty right now i'd be ashamed to take a pic
trav

69_500

Sweet. I was planning on taking another picture of my car, but the one on there is fine for me.

Anyone in central Indiana, looking to get one, let me know, I'm definately in for the largest size your going to do. need a new poster in the garage.

6pkrunner

I've been getting requests for pricing on these. So here we go. These are available in the sizes below and can be had on either heavy bond - 39 pound, or lamnated. I use dyes so the resistance to UV is really great. This is not an issue for the laminated versions as they are encased. For those that don't know of the quality, I would suggest that there are others on this board that have gotten posters from me in the past and they can best describe whether they are good or not. I would say these are excellent, but then I may be a bit biased. So anyone who has gotten stuff from me in the past please step up and give your honest opinions.

The bad part.....

Size                       bond           laminated

24 x 31.7                $10                 $14
28 x 37                    $12                 $16
32 x 42.25             $14                 $20
36 x 47.5                $18                 $26

While these may sound stiff there are a lot of materials consumed by the larger formats. Most do not realize how large they are until they get them. Again I will ask prior owners to ascertain whether or not these are worth the money.

And the other stiff part is that the courier starts at $17. For this I can ship up to 4 posters at the same $17 price. So it is really adventageous for guys to combine shipping lots. Even past 4 posters the added cost isn't that horrific compared to $17 for each one sent separately.

Charger_Fan

For anyone who hasn't bought mike's posters before, his work is top quality...definitely worthy of a good frame! :thumbs:
I've bought a few & intend to buy more. :yesnod: There's plenty of members here who can vouch for his work, so don't be afraid to snag a copy for yourself.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

Umm, what exactly is "Bond"  And before someone say "James",  :D  I'm talking about the poster ::)

I know what laminated is.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

:iagree:Top notch work indeed. Get some posters. You won't be sorry. I got a few of the last posters and will be getting the new posters when they are ready. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

wLc

That's too cool. I didn't expect to see my Charger on there. :2thumbs:
In the depths of a mind insane
Fantasy and reality are the same

Charger_Fan

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on December 23, 2005, 06:03:53 PM
Umm, what exactly is "Bond"   And before someone say "James",   :D   I'm talking about the poster ::)

I know what laminated is.
Better let Mike explain that one. I got laminated when I ordered, because I wasn't planning on a frame & glass...easier to clean smudges off that way.

I think "bond" is like the photo print adhered to a thicker poster board paper...but don't quote me on it.

SuBLimE 69

Nice work  :yesnod:  I gotta have one for sure !

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

6pkrunner

Bond is super heavy weave paper - almost like a linen based paper. Its the first step toward a woven product. Paper is made from small pieces of pulp mashed together. Bond is strips that lay across each other and then are pressed. Makes it very tough. But it is still like paper and if you toss coffee or beer on it - well its stained - no way around that. And it can be ripped easily enough. Laminated is of course plastic coated and toss all the beer and coffee on it you like.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 6pkrunner on December 23, 2005, 08:12:49 PM
Bond is super heavy weave paper - almost like a linen based paper. Its the first step toward a woven product. Paper is made from small pieces of pulp mashed together. Bond is strips that lay across each other and then are pressed. Makes it very tough. But it is still like paper and if you toss coffee or beer on it - well its stained - no way around that. And it can be ripped easily enough. Laminated is of course plastic coated and toss all the beer and coffee on it you like.

Thanks, I learned something new again today :yesnod:

I'll get a laminated one  then, safer with young kids running around.
PETE