News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new 607 CID engine now running

Started by LUMI, May 20, 2009, 02:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LUMI

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 20, 2009, 06:31:27 PM
I don't even remember seeing it on ebay, how'd we miss that one? :eek2:

well it is not a secret and it was there twice, first on higher price , i think i will not sell it ever so it will not been shippped back to there :nana: so here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160321333113&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123
maybe i paid too much i dont know :brickwall: and honestly it does not matter

and i drove it today after my friend replaced the plugs i cant do anythin on this my broken leg

moparstuart

If it is your dream car , what you wanted and your happy with it .  I would say you didnt over pay .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on May 21, 2009, 11:05:54 AM
If it is your dream car , what you wanted and your happy with it .  I would say you didnt over pay .

I agree.  Love the color!!!  I'm partial to Plum Crazy  :yesnod:

Hey, I've always said if your happy with what you have, it's doesn't matter!  Looks awesome!!  Have fun with it. :2thumbs:

Just curious, how much does it cost to get from the U.S.?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

LUMI

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 20, 2009, 06:31:27 PM
I just want to say that if I ever had my car stolen, I'd be very thankful that there are guys like Cody looking out for me.  Sometimes you just gotta go on instinct and a gut reaction.  Cause who's to say that the car wasn't stolen and reworked to a different level and then sold.  It could possibly happen.  You would think they would repaint it though..... :scratchchin:

Nice car none the less and welcome to the show.  I don't even remember seeing it on ebay, how'd we miss that one? :eek2:

Cody, you da man!! :2thumbs:

I agree with you, Mike.. Way to look out for the community, Cody  :cheers: :cheers:

Absolutely gorgeous car!

mopar73

Nice looking car :2thumbs: enjoy the heck out of it.

TexasStroker

Very cool...You will definitely be turning some heads in Finland  :yesnod:

I had a buddy approach me about us doing Mopar Strokers and shipping them overseas for guys like you.  That would be one heck of a car to get things rolling with  :icon_smile_big:  If you ever run into issues and decide to go that route keep me in mind.  It would be an experience making it happen, but we've got to start somewhere, lol.  Hopefully you get the car dialed in and get to enjoy it once your leg is back!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Silver R/T

Nice Charger, those 2nd gens look the best
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

LUMI

i drove my first 10 gallons today :coolgleamA: how many miles i dont know, speedometer dont work :brickwall:
far better to drive than i expected but performance was a little disappointing, well have to do something to that in the future :icon_smile_big:
back tires are shit they have been lock braked and not round anymore
by the way that detroit locker sounds nasty when engine braking, and without accelerating straight :o

TUFCAT

Quote from: LUMI on May 22, 2009, 03:02:52 PM
i drove my first 10 gallons today :coolgleamA:

I bet that must have cost around $100 dollars in Finland ?? ?

Hemidog

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 22, 2009, 05:07:00 PM
Quote from: LUMI on May 22, 2009, 03:02:52 PM
i drove my first 10 gallons today :coolgleamA:

I bet that must have cost around $100 dollars in Finland ?? ?
If it's anything like the prices in Norway, about $70

Silver R/T

it's more like "Smiles per gallon" huh
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Kiwi383

Nice car LUMI ,enjoy it .I know what it is like to import a car .We must be truly dedicated to these cars ,its not just like looking in the paper and buying from the same town.When I bought mine The NZ dollar was only worth 60 cents US then had shipping across the world and wasn't direct to NZ ,had to take the long way and go through Singapore ,then $1500 NZ import duty and compliance costs to NZ standards.and now pay NZ $1.70 per litre for gas ,but none of that matters cause my babys in my garage now and she's never for sale.

LUMI

today i drove 150miles to look quart er mile contests at average speed 55-65ml and got 11,07mpg :icon_smile_big:
and it cost me about 100$
gas is allways cheap :smilielol:
at the pit my charger got a lot of interests :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Like silver said....you're getting "smiles per gallon"!  :2thumbs:  - - and that's priceless. :icon_smile_wink:

LUMI

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 23, 2009, 12:51:46 PM
Like silver said....you're getting "smiles per gallon"!  :2thumbs:  - - and that's priceless. :icon_smile_wink:

yes and as the old Finnish saying says money is so old invention that everyone shold have it by now :coolgleamA:

but what i would really need is some 200-300hp more power :brickwall: now my old 148CID -72 NA Opel inline 4 is faster :RantExplode:

LUMI

got it to dyno today

and there is no power on this car :brickwall:
but still we got 100kW more than there was at the beginning
at start throttle opened only half way and ignition was 60 deg, now it is 34 deg but still only
251,8kW@5940rpm on engine
214kW at wheels
442.48lb ft @2790 rpm

so what could be wrong??
i have Hooker super competition headers (1 15/16" OD) and 3" pipe without H / X pipe on it
ignition MDS 6AL
CR should be 10.3 if the deck is at zero
mighty demon 750 carb
all other engine specs at first page on this topic :scratchchin:

Could it be cam timing?

Go Hogs Go

That translates to 337.6 hp at the crank & 286.9 hp at the rear wheels. That sure sounds week for the specs you have given us.
Go Hogs!

LUMI

hmm it must be cam timing :2thumbs:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CRN-689541&autoview=sku
cams Basic Operating RPM Range: 3,500-7,000

and on my engine best torque was at 2790rpm so it might be at least 1 tooth wrong and to early direction
how can i adjust it to be just wright to this cam, can i find the info somewhere?
i have only adjusted inline 4s in my life by using this kind of meters http://www.mattikaki.fi/kuluttaja/heittokello.htm when i know how much intake valve should be opened at TDC

LUMI

well driving season is almost over here so i started to tear down the engine :coolgleamA:
cam timing was 18 deg too early :2thumbs:
maybe the power will be a little better after i reassemble it right ::)

Charger´69

Amazing Charger, I´m waiting to see it in American Car Show Oulu in this weekend  :drool5: :2thumbs:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

LUMI

Quote from: Charger´69 on May 05, 2010, 02:23:33 PM
Amazing Charger, I´m waiting to see it in American Car Show Oulu in this weekend  :drool5: :2thumbs:

and the power is back :icon_smile_big:
going to dyno soon :angel:

LUMI

and there will be Power ::)
i just ordered new engine
it will be 607CID Wedge from Koffels Place
942HP@6100rpm and 886lbft@5100

Charger´69

Quote from: LUMI on March 11, 2011, 11:31:50 AM
and there will be Power ::)
i just ordered new engine
it will be 607CID Wedge from Koffels Place
942HP@6100rpm and 886lbft@5100

Holy shit!!!  :o Well now I think that I have no rush anymore to get more power out of my Charger´s engine, because it still ain´t gona be fastest Charger in Oulu area  :flame: :RantExplode: :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink: But if it doesn´t work then I might have a chance....  :D But I´m afraid that I´ll see that monster driving in Oulu next summer, what do you think..?!  :coolgleamA:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

LUMI

it will be ready for the summer :yesnod:
but lot to do before it runs, gearbox is still an issue that i have not solved yet, but it seems to be that i use 727 with A&A Trans parts
dana 60 will go to Panuma he will check that it is OK
and i must visit to Kalix and get the classfibre hood and scoop it does not fit under hood :brickwall:
this will run with new E10 95 (10,69CR) so ill save on gas :2thumbs:
and have to buy wheeliebars too :angel:
and hope no Hemicar beats me in Oulu (= i dont dare to go further because there are strong Hemis in south :flame:)