News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Dodge Charger '69 R/T 440cid

Started by Charger´69, March 10, 2010, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger´69

The day is coming soon when I finally get my very own Dodge Charger 1969 R/T 440cid + 727 to here to Finland  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

I´ve been waiting this baby too damn long, over 3 months, but now estimated arrival time to cargo ship that contains my mean red baby comes to Finland next week!!  :cheers: Hopefully that estimated arrival time is right, I´m too excited to wait it anymore  :popcrn:

And I really hope that this car is everything what is promised and especially what I´ve seen in pictures and what I´ve paid for  :drool5:

I feel myself like a child when christmas is coming  :rofl:

Here is the last picture of it that I got. It´s taken in Wisconsin just before it got transferred to haven  :icon_smile_cool:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

THE CHARGER PUNK

Charger´69

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on March 10, 2010, 10:16:09 PM
Are those ''HEMI'' emblems on the door? :scratchchin:

Yep, I noticed them too in some point but this is NOT Hemi car or even original R/T  :'( This is actually XP code Charger, so it came from factory with 318cid engine. It´s builded to R/T clone and engine and transmission is swapped to 440cid + 727  :cheers: I really don´t know why there is those Hemi emblems in doors  :rotz: There is used some Hemi Charger´s parts but still I don´t understand those emblems  :shruggy:

But I don´t mind, I just want it home as soon as possible  :cheers:

1BAD68

Congratulations on your Charger!
That makes two Charger's from Wisconsin gone to Finland.
Here's a pic of my old 70 thats in Finland now...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Congrats & please register the car when she gets there.

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

No other car excites someone as much as an old charger. Enjoy.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger´69

I´ll keep you updated  :cheers:

Here is another picture taken at same day than previous picture  :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger´69

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 11, 2010, 01:00:02 PM
Where in Wisconsin did that car come from?  What city?

I think it was near Milwaukee..?  :scratchchin: Why? Do you know this Charger..?  :popcrn:

If someone knows something about this I would like to hear more  :popcrn:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger´69 on March 11, 2010, 01:57:28 PM

I think it was near Milwaukee..?  :scratchchin: Why? Do you know this Charger..?  :popcrn:

I knew of one similar to that for sale by me in River Falls, Wisconsin.  But its not the same one then if you're car came from the Milwaukee area.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger´69

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 11, 2010, 02:28:23 PM

I knew of one similar to that for sale by me in River Falls, Wisconsin.  But its not the same one then if you're car came from the Milwaukee area.

Was it XP code Charger with white interior? And 440cid Magnum engine? Like I said, I don´t remember for sure where this was. I only know for sure it was from Wisconsin  :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger´69 on March 11, 2010, 03:47:59 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on March 11, 2010, 02:28:23 PM

Was it XP code Charger with white interior? And 440cid Magnum engine? Like I said, I don´t remember for sure where this was. I only know for sure it was from Wisconsin  :icon_smile_big:

It had black interior.  440 auto xp code charger.  so not the same one as your car. 

Paul

69fuchs

I think I know that car.  It came from Richland Center, Wi.  A guy named Ernie owned it.  Nice car.

Charger´69

Quote from: 69fuchs on March 11, 2010, 05:28:01 PM
I think I know that car.  It came from Richland Center, Wi.  A guy named Ernie owned it.  Nice car.

When this Ernie owned it..?  :scratchchin: Because previous owner wasn´t Ernie  :scratchchin: I think it was John  :shruggy: And I was told that this John has owned this Charger many years  :D

69fuchs

I can't say it is the same car for sure, but Ernie's car went overseas, it was red with a white interior, and it looks just like yours.

Ernie had his car for many years as well.  It was an r/t clone, with a 440/727.  Ed Sights might have been involved with the sale, he is very well known when it comes to mopars for sale in this area.

Richland center or Gotham Wi.

twodko

Charger´69,

Nice car my friend and welcome to the site!

Olet liittynyt perhe täällä kuin mikään muu .... ihania ihmisiä

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Charger´69

Quote from: 69fuchs on March 11, 2010, 05:53:48 PM
I can't say it is the same car for sure, but Ernie's car went overseas, it was red with a white interior, and it looks just like yours.

Ernie had his car for many years as well.  It was an r/t clone, with a 440/727.  Ed Sights might have been involved with the sale, he is very well known when it comes to mopars for sale in this area.

Richland center or Gotham Wi.

Sounds just like my Charger.. Could it be same car?? I was told that previous owner bought new Dodge Challenger so that is the reason why he sold this Charger  :scratchchin: And I saw pictures where this Charger was with new Dodge Challenger together  :coolgleamA:

Charger´69

Yep yep, estimated arrival time to my Charger to be arrived to here Finland was today, but NO, it didn´t come because just now Finnish dockers are in strike (have been two weeks already), so ships won´t come to Finland´s havens right now at all  :flame:

Damn I have a good luck always in these car issues  :brickwall:

This waiting makes me MAD......!!!  :eek2:

Charger´69

Now I´m living exciting moments here, cargoship where is my Charger should come today to Finland  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :drool5: And I´m going to get it from haven on friday this week if everything goes as planned  :cheers: Well, because this took so long time when I´ll get it, there is one positive thing on it, now I can drive it home (if it works) because roads are already pretty dry. It´s a good test to Charger because from haven to here where I live is 700 kilometers  :shruggy: Let´s see what happens  :drool5:

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

hemi68charger

tick tock tick tock.........  :2thumbs:

Anticipation.......  Hope it gets there alright and you're able to get her home without any problems...  I should be getting my new '69 on Friday..

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger´69

Now I got it AT LAST, after over 5 months when I bought it :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: It is unbelievable amazing and in good condition  :2thumbs:

I love this beast and I´ll keep this my dream car with loving care  :cheers:

There is little things to fix, but almosti everything works and engine and transmission is in good condition  :2thumbs: Body is almost 100% faultless and there is no rust issues at all  :coolgleamA:

There is few pictures of it, I´ll take more when I have cleaned and waxed it  :cheers:

By the way, there is two stickers in Charger (rear bumper and dash) where reads "Mr Norm´s Grand Spaulding" and Mr Norm´s signature in those stickers. Does someone knows what that means or does it mean nothing that might be interesting..?  :scratchchin: