News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not a Mopar but Impressive - Chebby related

Started by 4402tuff4u, November 15, 2005, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

My buddy Erick stopped by yesterday after work to show me his 67 Chevelle that he kept bragging is a 11.30 second car. Anyhow after we went for a ride, I now believe it and I was impressed. I think he nearly had the front wheels off the ground for a second. I could'nt see the road ahead of us! All I saw was blue sky and he got off it because the street tires were not cooperating. He's got slicks for the track. I'll tell you what, it felt like my eyes hit the back of my head. I got a head ache after the ride. I think my brain was not ready for the G forces. The car has a rough ride though and he has to manually shift the auto tranny. Pretty cool car thou......................................................but not a Mopar and definetly not a Charger! :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

4402tuff4u

golden73

Cool pics

What is the thing hangin below the rear bumper in the first pic? A flame thrower kit?

4402tuff4u

When I first walked up to the car I thought he had nitros. It's a fuel filter cannister. I was wondering to myself why not put it inside the trunk or something. The car has a stroked 454 to a 489, 10.3:1 compression and Indy heads. He did all the work on the car - not the engine. Including the jet black paint job!

'CUDA360

That is a nice car.. I like the interior, real comphy looking.

One question though

How can that car go 11:30s with no gas pedal?? ;)

4402tuff4u

I did asked him what's the deal with the gas pedal when I sat on the driver side. He said he found out that he was delaying his jump time on the track because his big rabbit foot was getting all fouled up with the pedal. So he removed the pedal and he said it was like night and day on his throttle response. He's a big guy and fits kind of tight in the car.

4402tuff4u

My mistake. Correction: the heads are Brodix, not Indys.

Mefirst

ramit

I think you had to pay extra for gas pedals in chevys. ;D

Charger_Fan

Nothing like going for a ride in a car that will flatten your eyeballs! :icon_smile_big: Sounds fun.

The last fast thing I've been in was a Mustang-2 bracket racer with a stroked 351 & a tunnel ram that a guy at work kept bragging about. We went to his Dad's shop after work one day & scoped it out.
The shop was by a fairly desolate frontage road. He told me to hop in & run it down a couple blocks...I didn't have to be told twice. :D I got it pointed straight & nailed the gas!

That little bastard was friggin' FAST! I came back a big twitchy bundle of nerves...it was great! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69bananabeast

Quote from: golden73 on November 15, 2005, 01:47:03 PM
Cool pics

What is the thing hangin below the rear bumper in the first pic? A flame thrower kit?

looks like it might even be a steel braided fuel line?   since hes got that  kill switch in rear   ( NHRA or IHRA required ? something like that)
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

andy74

very cool ride,i like that style chevelle,not as porky looking as the newer(68 on up)type,serious power too-andy