News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What happened with the '68 registry site?

Started by bull, July 29, 2005, 07:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

There was a d-c.com member who started a '68 Charger registry but then all the talk died off and I didn't hear much news before the site crashed. Anyone remember who started it and/or could give me the link? It was a member from the UK I believe.

69_500

Not too sure how I like the set up with people's locations being listed.

bull

Thanks for the link, smasher.

Quote from: 69_500 on July 29, 2005, 07:36:21 PM
Not too sure how I like the set up with people's locations being listed.

Probably not the best idea but as long as it only lists the state you're probably ok.

69_500

that and it doesn't list the entire VIN for the car. But still, I like the idea of having information made easy to get to for the public. Which is why for years I've wanted to do a 500 registry for the 69's. I have information i've collected but nothing elaborate though.

bull

Quote from: 69_500 on July 29, 2005, 07:46:02 PM
that and it doesn't list the entire VIN for the car. But still, I like the idea of having information made easy to get to for the public. Which is why for years I've wanted to do a 500 registry for the 69's. I have information i've collected but nothing elaborate though.

If I had a '69 500 I would worry about it too.

69_500

I'm not worried about people knowing I have a 500 or where I live.
Looking back at the Winged Warriors newsletters from 1979 you can see where they used to list known cars by VIN, owners name, location, exterior color, interior color, auto/4speed, console/no console, in each newsletter. I love that concept. Just do it without the owners name and location.

JimShine

Hey guys. That is my site. The location ones I posted were by the owners request. If someone didn't want that released, I would post it. I really want to improve the site, but need to get the hang of Excel and get more submissions. I figured most people have been busy with summer, so I was going to hold off until fall before I creeped out of the woodwork.

bull

Quote from: JimShine on July 29, 2005, 09:10:25 PM
Hey guys. That is my site. The location ones I posted were by the owners request. If someone didn't want that released, I would post it. I really want to improve the site, but need to get the hang of Excel and get more submissions. I figured most people have been busy with summer, so I was going to hold off until fall before I creeped out of the woodwork.

Hey now, what's the big idea putting '69-'70 taillights in your signature pic?!

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

JimShine

That and my '68 is not pretty enough to use a picture of yet. When it is done I will add it to my avatar.

chargermad890

MoparYoungGun

Just curious, is there a 3rd gen registry? I know there's a 1st gen, '68, '69, and '70 registry but haven't heard of one for 3rd gens.

bull

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on July 30, 2005, 09:49:08 AM
Just curious, is there a 3rd gen registry? I know there's a 1st gen, '68, '69, and '70 registry but haven't heard of one for 3rd gens.

There is one but I don't have a link for you. Someone will come up with it I'm sure.

69_500

Well the location isn't that huge of an issue except for some nut cases that are out there. But like I said  before without listing the entire VIN for each car there shouldn't be anything to worry about anyways.

Troy

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on July 30, 2005, 09:49:08 AM

Right here:
http://www.dodge-chargeronline.com/

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

FastbackJon

There's nothing wrong with posting the state that the cars are in. Even if he posted the city/state there wouldn't be any problems.

Just don't post the owner's last name, contact information, street address, or the full VIN of the car and it's all good.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV