News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A different kind of Charger movie thread

Started by Ghoste, July 19, 2005, 12:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

We all seen (and will again) the endless threads about naming every movie with a Charger in it.  I'm just curious which ones you consider to have a Charger in a significant portion of the movie.  This eliminates things like the 66 in Ed TV or the 68 in Rush. 
I would offer the obvious ones first like;
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Big Fish
Bullitt

Any others?

Orange_Crush

I liked "big Fish" because...well, it was a danmed good movie, but also because the Charger was just regular transportation in the movie and not some kind of "getaway car."  Also, it is one of the few movies where they call it a "Charger" by name.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Ghoste

It was used as a getaway car briefly though.  Hey, now that I think of it, one of the Canadian print ads for the 66 Charger featured the caption "Great Getaway Car".

4402tuff4u

new version of "Vanishing Point" - 1968 Charger R/T
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ChargerRob

You mean the one where the cop says "It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar"  8)
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Ghoste

:yesnod:  Pretty much the highlight of that whole remake wasn't it?

RT DAVE

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

2fast4u

Wasn't there a movie made for TV called the Gladiator...or something like that.   It had a Black 69 Charger in it!!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

amidemon

Wakko

Quote from: 2fast4u on July 25, 2005, 11:51:08 PM
    Wasn't there a movie made for TV called the Gladiator...or something like that.     It had a Black 69 Charger in it!!

Some of the Gladiator cars were actual General Lees.  Don't forget the '70 in Fast and Furious.  When the crap hit the fan, he had to revert to the big bad Charger...and even with a blown cylinder was able to beat a 10 second nitrous injected turbo Supra.  :)  It is also believed that the '69 in Forever Young was a real GL also.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Ghoste

I don't mean every movie that ever had a Charger in it though.  I'm talking about the ones where the Charger plays a significant role in the film.
If you feel Joe Dirt or Blade qualify, I want to know why?  Not being sarcastic either, I'd really like to know your reasoning.
I would say Christine just has the 68 as a minor appearance.  I don't recall them even really talking much about the car.
F&F would count wouldn't it?

bull

Quote from: Orange_Crush on July 19, 2005, 12:36:34 PM
I liked "big Fish" because...well, it was a danmed good movie, but also because the Charger was just regular transportation in the movie and not some kind of "getaway car."   Also, it is one of the few movies where they call it a "Charger" by name.
:iagree:

Drache

Well the F&F charger would apply because like Wakko said, when all his rciers failed, he had to go to the one car that scared him!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Dale The Bold

I think Joe Dirt qualifies because it was the junker he drove most of the movie.  They told how he got it, they did the spoiler gag early on.  It had a lot of memorable scenes.  It became a signature of the movie as much as the one in Big Fish did.

In Blade, it's basically his Batmobile.  Although, it gets so little screen time in the second film that I wouldn't count it.  I haven't seen the third one.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Ghoste

I've seen the second Blade but not the other two.  I had heard the car got more "grille" time in the 1st.

Dodge-Charger

Just watched The Adventures of Super Dave. They have a 69 or a 70 Charger that he uses for his last jump. They did some messed up stuff to that car. The Charger was shown for about 20 - 30 min of the movie. So I guess that counts.

41husk

gone in 60 seconds had a lot of mopars in it infact they crush a buetiful 72 Rallye :icon_smile_shock:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up