News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauge Refacing

Started by SirNik73, November 16, 2005, 05:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

I'm looking for new faces for my gauges. i'd like to have some stickers that stuck on, or have them be a plastic, vellum type paper that i can glue on to the existing gauges.

I have the SE Cluster. it has the 120 speedo and i just got the tach from www.chargerspecialties.com and then it has the fule, alt , temp, and oil on the righ side

is there a place that sells new faces, or am i stuck with cleaning the ones i have. i've been thinking of making my own faces. i'm a draftsmen for an engineerinf firm and i have access to some nice quality printers. and i draw the gauges in autocad... but that will take some time.

anyone got any ideas?
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

monty76

I got the one from durango, not very happy. The speedo overlay changed the mph. What was 60 is now 70 and the highbeam light cut-out went from vertical to horizontal(might have that backwards). I was thinking of taking the entire gauge assembly to the guys that made my "Charger" and "440SE" decals. Between the gauges right in front of the them and a cad program I don't see why they can't make a set for the same price as the other guys.

69hemi

I used the PCG ones and they worked perfect!  Easy to install and impossible to tell when in.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Khyron

Quote from: 471_Magnum on November 16, 2005, 10:43:49 PM
Performance Car Graphics

For the record. I just got off the phone with PCG; Due to the overwhelming positive comments made I had to place my order with them for my new faces. I have to add, the gentleman that answered the phone was friendly, courteous, and very helpful. I asked if he also sold the wire set for the tic toc tac, even though he didn't, he offered to send me a wiring diagram and gave me the phone number of the place that does sell them.

Then am I typing this? Because I have to commend good customer service when I see it!

Happy 30th year PCG :thumbs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I agree Dave & Beth are class acts!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Khyron

I just recieved my gauge faces from Performance car graphics. all I can say is wow. I will be sure to take lots of pictures of the install for anyone interested in going this route.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: monty76 on December 16, 2005, 02:02:10 AM
and the highbeam light cut-out went from vertical to horizontal(might have that backwards)...

71 and I think 72 also have the vertical cut out and is a red signal and 73/74 are horizontal ones and they are blue signal...

Maybe the change was at the same time speedos were changed from 150 to 120 miles
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

DC_1

Quote from: Khyron on January 01, 2006, 02:41:02 PM
I just recieved my gauge faces from Performance car graphics. all I can say is wow. I will be sure to take lots of pictures of the install for anyone interested in going this route.

Defiantly post some pics cause i would be interested in seeing how they turn out.

Khyron

I see you where already there, but here’s in case someone runs a search ;)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7746.0.html

I'm half way with the cluster. I figured with everything apart. I would clean the whole unit and take the opportunity to install my Tic Toc Tac :D :D :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.