News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

? Ignition and wiper switch ?

Started by 1BAD68, June 09, 2009, 08:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

After restoring and installing my gauge cluster now when the key is turned to "run" the dash lights and tail lights light up.
Not the parking lights or headlights, just dash and tail lights.
I double checked all connections and everything is good, all switches work fine except that lights come on when key is in run position.
Also, behind the wiper switch are two extra wires (brown w/tracer and brown) my diagram shows brown w/tracer goes to wiper switch and there is a terminal on the back of the switch for it but it doesn't fit.
I'm thinking this is probably a 3 speed wiper option and I have a 2 speed motor?
Otherwise the wipers work fine with that wire not connected.
But what is the brown wire for? My diagram doesn't show it.
This is for a 68

b5blue

Check your fuse box hook ups and recheck your dash dimmer hookup...my 70 is just different enough that my FSM is no good. Somethings crossed?  :eek2:

mopar_nut_440_6

My FSM shows the brown wire as going from the heater Blower Motor switch to the Heater Blower Motor resistor. If you were looking at the resistor the brown terminal would go on the lower left. The other two terminals have a Green and Light Dark Green wire going to it. The diagram shows the Dark Green going to the centre terminal which is raised above the others with the brown to the left and the light green to the right.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude