News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger seats-what else were they in?

Started by andy74, November 17, 2005, 02:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

the reason i post this,is i found a set of buckets in a 72 charger(,car is so rotten that we were afraid to even try and move it with the tow truck!) and it has bucket seats in it,but they dont look like any seats ive seen in a charger.they actually look like duster/dart seats,could they be the same thing with different upholstry?i forgot my phone at work,so i couldnt take a pic, any body know?

andy74

TruckDriver

I believe they are Charger and Road Runner seats only that are the same for '71 to '74. I looked in my parts interchange manual, and they only list the seat adjustment rails.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chryco Psycho

the frames are very similar between a number of seats & yes they can use different covers & foam

'CUDA360

Right..

I needed some quickey seats for a '72 'CUDA of mine and a pair of '72 Charger seats bolted right in.

Pretty comphy too

Nacho-RT74

70/and half 71 B bodies use one kind of frame slightly different on back ( specially because the release back button area, so the back panel ) than end half of 71 untill 78 ( magnums ).

As far I know foam is the same since 71.

70/71 use same seat covers seam pattern as far I know.

72/74 use same seat covers seam pattern with only difference on vinyl pattern itself on 74

75 and laters don't know if they use the same vinyl patterns than 74 but sure they are extra padded seat covers and very similar design patternt, but with extra buttons and seams.

Don't know between different bodies but they could do
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

monty76

I had to re-drill the mounting hole but I got a power bucket seat out of a Cordoba, still had some of the Corinthinan leather. The back was broke on my original, beyond repair. The Cordoba seat is about 1/2" taller but the plastic back fits.