News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here bought or seen the Year One repro console?

Started by bull, November 18, 2005, 11:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

The Year One online catalog lists injected mold plastic console for both manual and auto '68-'70 Chargers. Has anyone seen one?

"One piece, injected mold plastic console. Use your existing door hardware and inserts. Has correct graining features as orginals. Moldings, carpet and trim plates not included. For console carpet set use #6670M_ _ _ for manual transmissions."

Part #  Description Price
LP1M Floor shift console for 1968-1970 B body models with manual transmissions. 
$275.00

694spdRT

I wonder if that is the Stinger piece or is someone else making them now?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Spartan

Last repops I saw were fiberglass. Hopefully the fit like original.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

bull

Stinger is fiberglass. I thought someone was talking recently about plastic consoles being made, or was that the thread about the guy who had made some molds but hadn't made any yet?

8WHEELER

Yes the Stiger consoles made out of Fiberglass have the rep of not fitting well, and being a real
pain to line up or evan close as possible to original.
I have heard a rumor on this site someone was going to make some plastic units, thats as much as
I know. I have not heard of them being for sale or produced. I would think if they could get the
fiberglass units to have a good fit that would be the only way to go.

I think we all know what a pain the original consoles are and how easy they are to brake ''made out of plastic''.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

ScottW

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof