News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Avoid a DUI, do you know how much is too much?

Started by Wakko, November 18, 2005, 12:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

When I go out to a bar I usually follow the same procedure:  Drink four beers or four Jack & Cokes which usually gives me a nice buzz.  Then I switch out to water and about an hour later or so feel ok to go.  I was always concerned about the "What if..." and decided to finally found out if I'm playing with fire or being safe.   On Ebay I purchased a little gizmo called an AlcoMate, which is a handheld personal breathalizer.  I paid about $40 for this after shipping and they are available in Sharper Image for $79.  In the name of research (hic) I drank four bottles of Coors last night in about a two hour time span, waited twenty minutes (you have to let the alcohol in your mouth get absorbed as to not screw up the test results) and tried out my new tester.  .07!  Florida state law follows the .08 legal limit so legally I was ok, but considering I felt pretty buzzed I was not in a condition to drive anyway.  About an hour later I felt just fine and blew a .06. 

Considering a DUI will set you back a minimum of $5,000 and easily well beyond that, I feel that my investment was a bargain if it will help me avoid a DUI.  Keep in mind folks, it's up to you as a responsible adult to decide when or not to drive.  Even if your BAC is only .02, you can still be unfit to drive!  If there's a doubt in your mind, use it as an excuse to stick around another 30-60 minutes while you drink a water and shoot some more darts. 

Future plans include seeing how high my buddies and I can make this thing go.  :) 

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Wakko on November 18, 2005, 12:46:44 PM
  In the name of research (hic) I drank four bottles of Coors last night in about a two hour time span, waited twenty minutes (you have to let the alcohol in your mouth get absorbed as to not screw up the test results) and tried out my new tester.  

I dont suppose if you pulled someone over you would give them the 20 min wait just in case they had just happened to have drank a beer?!

Todd

Tom_440

Future plans include seeing how high my buddies and I can make this thing go.   :)  

Remember - practice makes perfect.   I used to work in a drug testing lab, and some folks had over .3, which should be passed out. If you are a good alcoholic, you should be able to exceed .2 and still be awake.

Now, smoke a joint, and that will stay in your pee for days...

Orange_Crush

Okay, this info was given to me by a CMPD officer.

The best way to avoid a DUI is not to drink, but of course, we all know its pretty tough not to have a couple at the bar. 

The .08 limit is definitely too low a figure and its pretty easy to get there and sometimes, you don't know you've reached your limit until after you're on the road.

Here's what my friend told me.

1.  If stopped and you think you may be over the limit, refuse to submit to a field sobriety check and refuse to blow.  The worst that can happen is loss of your license for a year.  Believe me, this is a WHOLE lot better than than the consequences for DUI.

2.  If you think you may be borderline, insist on a blood test.  At that point, they have to take you to a hospital to get it done.  This process will take at least an hour.  Your BAC drops approximately .01 per hour.  This is, of course, a gamble.

This may all be moot due to the fact that the cop can say that , in his/her judgement you were impaired.  This is a whole lot more difficult if he does not administer a field sobriety check.  Remember, you are protected from self-incrimination, he can't make you walk the line, etc.

Of course, if you're weaving, unsteady, and behaving erratically...you're screwed...and rightfully so. 

Driving drunk is stupid.  My problem is with DUI enforcement laws that leave too much "up in the air."
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Wakko

Absolutely.  A DUI stop happens like this in my county:

Traffic stop is conducted, presense of alcohol or some other mind altering substance is detected.  Could be sweet smell, open container in the car, bloodshot eyes, slurred speech, inability to follow directions and a few more.  The suspect is taken out of the car and asked if they'd be willing to perform roadside exercises.  If the suspect refuses and the officer feels that he/she is DUI, the suspect is then arrested.  No, he is not detained or might possibly be released, he is ARRESTED.  If the suspect agrees to the exercises, they are performed on the spot.  Exercises sanctioned by Florida State Law include the "Walk and Turn test" (nine steps on the line, turn around, nine steps back), "Finger to nose test", "Leg lift test" (hold your leg up off the ground a foot and hold it for 30 seconds) and a standard "Stand with your head tilted back and your eyes closed test".  We will pick a smooth walkway for you and note if you're wearing shoes that influence the tests.  High heels and a walk/turn test do not go together.  We will ask if you have any injuries or if you're on medication.  If you preform these tests satisfactorily you will be released, issued your citation for whatever you did to get pulled over in the first place, and off you go.  If you do not perform these tests satisfactorily you are arrested. 

By this point, it will have already been at LEAST thirty minutes and we're not off the road yet.  If a DUI Task Force vehicle has been called out (video and highly trained officer) it's been an hour already.  If it'd already been a half hour since you had a beer PRIOR to being stopped, your BAC is on it's way down. 

You are then taken to the BAT, Blood Alcohol Testing center and your vehicle is towed.  Once you're at the BAT, the instructor will make you sit for 20 minutes to be 100% sure that you've gotten the alcohol out of your mouth.  You are then asked to blow into the breathalizer.  If you refuse, you automatically lose your license for one year.  You are required to blow TWICE and the readings are compared. By this time it will have been anywhere from an hour and a half or two hours (maybe more!) since you had been stopped so you're BAC is already down if you didn't still have alcohol in your stomach.   The findings are written in the probably cause affadavit for your arrest (even if they're under the legal limit!) and you're taken to jail for the DUI. 

Your lawyer will attempt to defend you by using different tactics.  One, try to get the initial ticket dismissed.  If the officer now is deemed not to have had probably cause for the traffic stop, the DUI is dismissed as fruit of the poisonous tree.  This happens, but very rarely.  Second they'll try to get the roadside sobriety tests thrown out due to you having just injured your foot, have recurring back problems, etc etc.  I did a DUI not too long ago where it was 4pm and the guy was barefoot.  Since I knew the lawyer would say "OF course my client couldn't perform the exercises!  It was July in Florida on black pavement and he was barefoot!"  my PC affadavit read "Black tarmac was level with minimal cracking and cool to the touch."  Nipped in the bud.  If these don't work they might try to discredit the breathalizer itself for being malfunctioning or the operator for being incompetant. 

Keep in mind that your average person pulled over for DUI (swerving, driving slow, etc) will have a BAC well over the legal limit.  We're talking in the teens or twenties.  Most people with a .08 or similar BAC can still perform the roadside sobriety exercises fairly well.  If you're not completely hammered, you're friendly and respectful and the officer doesn't feel like doing a DUI, you might be asked to call a friend and a towtruck.  Believe it or not, people ARGUE over this.  "I don't want to pay a tow bill!"  Guess what, you're gonna pay it ANYWAY and there's NO tow company out there (even the 10 bucks a mile ones!) that are going to charge you more than a DUI lawyer.  Thank the nice officer and get the hell home. 

Hopefully I've answered some questions people have about DUIs, but feel free to ask.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Wakko

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 18, 2005, 01:08:40 PM

The best way to avoid a DUI is not to drink, but of course, we all know its pretty tough not to have a couple at the bar. 

The .08 limit is definitely too low a figure and its pretty easy to get there and sometimes, you don't know you've reached your limit until after you're on the road.

1.  If stopped and you think you may be over the limit, refuse to submit to a field sobriety check and refuse to blow.  The worst that can happen is loss of your license for a year.  Believe me, this is a WHOLE lot better than than the consequences for DUI.

2.  If you think you may be borderline, insist on a blood test.  At that point, they have to take you to a hospital to get it done.  This process will take at least an hour.  Your BAC drops approximately .01 per hour.  This is, of course, a gamble.

This may all be moot due to the fact that the cop can say that , in his/her judgement you were impaired.  This is a whole lot more difficult if he does not administer a field sobriety check.  Remember, you are protected from self-incrimination, he can't make you walk the line, etc.

Of course, if you're weaving, unsteady, and behaving erratically...you're screwed...and rightfully so. 

Driving drunk is stupid.  My problem is with DUI enforcement laws that leave too much "up in the air."

Ok, let me take this one point by point:

If you don't want to drink, don't go to the bar.  If your friends make you feel pressured into drinking when they are, they're not friends.  They're drinking buddies.

.08 is NOT too low, not by a long shot.  Some states are going to .06.  My BAC was .07 and guess what, I would have been DUI like that.  If ONE beer messes you up then you're DUI.  .08 is simply the line in the sand that the state uses.  Some of you are completely functional on a six pack, some would be passed out in vomit.

Refusing to do the roadside exams and breathalizer test is the smartest thing to do if you know you're guilty.  You will lose your license for a year but as already stated, that's a small price to pay for the DUI.  You still might get the DUI, so it's a gamble, but there will be alot less evidence working against you. 

Blood draw?  Bad idea.  Completely not refutable in court and once you say you're going to do it I will have a rescue truck there and a needle in your arm in less than ten minutes, guaranteed. 

As OC already said, you're screwed if you're weaving and such.  The officer's testimony is pretty powerful and if he has a dash cam, you're toast.

Keep this in mind also folks, if you get in a crash that causes injury to another, you can and WILL be FORCED to have a blood draw to determine what is in your blood.  You will get DUI Manslaughter!!!  Plus you will have to live the rest of your life knowing that your four hours of partying has caused a family to suffer for the rest of their lives.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

golden73

Is it illegal to pull over to the side of the road and sit there if you know you are too drunk to drive?

The reason I ask, is because one of my buddies did this on an expressway. My buddy pulled over and took a nap, until an officer pulled up behind him. My buddy explained the situation, and the cop told him he had to move his vehicle. He was still under the influence then, but the cop was yellin at him to drive to the next exit, get off somewhere and then sleep.

My buddy finally agrees, starts his car, goes 10 feet and gets pulled over by the cop for DUI.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Wakko on November 18, 2005, 01:18:36 PM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 18, 2005, 01:08:40 PM

1.   If stopped and you think you may be over the limit, refuse to submit to a field sobriety check and refuse to blow.   The worst that can happen is loss of your license for a year.   Believe me, this is a WHOLE lot better than than the consequences for DUI.

2.   If you think you may be borderline, insist on a blood test.   At that point, they have to take you to a hospital to get it done.   This process will take at least an hour.   Your BAC drops approximately .01 per hour.   This is, of course, a gamble.

This may all be moot due to the fact that the cop can say that , in his/her judgement you were impaired.   This is a whole lot more difficult if he does not administer a field sobriety check.   Remember, you are protected from self-incrimination, he can't make you walk the line, etc.

Driving drunk is stupid.   My problem is with DUI enforcement laws that leave too much "up in the air."

Ok, let me take this one point by point:

If you don't want to drink, don't go to the bar.   If your friends make you feel pressured into drinking when they are, they're not friends.   They're drinking buddies.

.08 is NOT too low, not by a long shot.   Some states are going to .06.   My BAC was .07 and guess what, I would have been DUI like that.   If ONE beer messes you up then you're DUI.   .08 is simply the line in the sand that the state uses.   Some of you are completely functional on a six pack, some would be passed out in vomit.

Refusing to do the roadside exams and breathalizer test is the smartest thing to do if you know you're guilty.   You will lose your license for a year but as already stated, that's a small price to pay for the DUI.   You still might get the DUI, so it's a gamble, but there will be alot less evidence working against you.  

Blood draw?   Bad idea.   Completely not refutable in court and once you say you're going to do it I will have a rescue truck there and a needle in your arm in less than ten minutes, guaranteed.  

As OC already said, you're screwed if you're weaving and such.   The officer's testimony is pretty powerful and if he has a dash cam, you're toast.

Keep this in mind also folks, if you get in a crash that causes injury to another, you can and WILL be FORCED to have a blood draw to determine what is in your blood.   You will get DUI Manslaughter!!!   Plus you will have to live the rest of your life knowing that your four hours of partying has caused a family to suffer for the rest of their lives.

And that is what it comes down to.

I'm not encouraging anyone to drink and drive (I have a 2 drink limit if I'm driving and I weigh 285 pounds).   My point is this.

DUI laws are too open to interpretation by officers.   This is not a problem with seasoned, knowledgable officers, but when they get the greenhorns in there who would ticket their own mothers and want to change the world, that becomes a problem.

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: golden73 on November 18, 2005, 01:22:15 PM
Is it illegal to pull over to the side of the road and sit there if you know you are too drunk to drive?

The reason I ask, is because one of my buddies did this on an expressway. My buddy pulled over and took a nap, until an officer pulled up behind him. My buddy explained the situation, and the cop told him he had to move his vehicle. He was still under the influence then, but the cop was yellin at him to drive to the next exit, get off somewhere and then sleep.

My buddy finally agrees, starts his car, goes 10 feet and gets pulled over by the cop for DUI.

The cop was looking to write a ticket.  He knew your friend was drunk.

golden73

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 18, 2005, 01:36:45 PM
Quote from: golden73 on November 18, 2005, 01:22:15 PM

The cop was looking to write a ticket.   He knew your friend was drunk.

:iagree:  I still think its BS though

andy74

i had a friend of mine who was sleeping in his car, asleep in the backseat because he knew he was to drunk to drive,but because he had the car running,it was in january in new york,he got a dui from a nys trooper.when he went to court and explained what had happened,and the fact he was parked in a parking lot, he was given a reduced sentence.my point being,if he hadnt been a dick to the officer,he probably would have been left alone,and had to admit he was wrong, in court to prove how he had gotten to the parking lot,half way between the bar and his house-this gadget that wakko has would have helped him,at least to know to call a cab-the booze hit him when he sat down to drive home.

and i dont want to bring up my friend who was killed a few weeks back,because his designated driver decided it was okay to have a few beers

RD

In the average adult, the rate of metabolism is about 8.5 g of alcohol per hour (i.e. about two-thirds of a regular beer or about 30 mL of spirits an hour). This rate can vary dramatically among individuals, however, depending on such diverse factors as usual amount of drinking, physique, sex, liver size, and genetic factors.

It is the amount of alcohol in the blood that causes the effects. In the following table, lists the number of milligrams of alcohol in each decilitre of blood - that is, the blood alcohol concentration, or BAC. (For example, an average person may get a blood alcohol concentration of 50 mg/dL after two drinks consumed quickly.) Then it describes the usual effects of these amounts on normal people - those who haven't developed a tolerance to alcohol.

BAC (ma/dL) Effect
50- Mild intoxication Feeling of warmth, skin flushed; impaired judgment; decreased inhibitions

100- Obvious intoxication in most people Increased impairment of judgment, inhibition, attention, and control; Some impairment of muscular performance; slowing of reflexes

150-Obvious intoxication in all normal people Staggering gait and other muscular incoordination; slurred speech; double vision; memory and comprehension loss

250- Extreme intoxication or stupor Reduced response to stimuli; inability to stand; vomiting; incontinence; sleepiness

350-Coma Unconsciousness; little response to stimuli; incontinence; low body temperature; poor respiration; fall in blood pressure; clammy skin

500-Death likely

Just a little FYI for all of those out there.  Better to be informed than ignorant.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Orange_Crush

Quote from: RD on November 18, 2005, 02:45:04 PM
In the average adult, the rate of metabolism is about 8.5 g of alcohol per hour (i.e. about two-thirds of a regular beer or about 30 mL of spirits an hour). This rate can vary dramatically among individuals, however, depending on such diverse factors as usual amount of drinking, physique, sex, liver size, and genetic factors.

It is the amount of alcohol in the blood that causes the effects. In the following table, lists the number of milligrams of alcohol in each decilitre of blood - that is, the blood alcohol concentration, or BAC. (For example, an average person may get a blood alcohol concentration of 50 mg/dL after two drinks consumed quickly.) Then it describes the usual effects of these amounts on normal people - those who haven't developed a tolerance to alcohol.

BAC (ma/dL) Effect
50- Mild intoxication Feeling of warmth, skin flushed; impaired judgment; decreased inhibitions

100- Obvious intoxication in most people Increased impairment of judgment, inhibition, attention, and control; Some impairment of muscular performance; slowing of reflexes

150-Obvious intoxication in all normal people Staggering gait and other muscular incoordination; slurred speech; double vision; memory and comprehension loss

250- Extreme intoxication or stupor Reduced response to stimuli; inability to stand; vomiting; incontinence; sleepiness

350-Coma Unconsciousness; little response to stimuli; incontinence; low body temperature; poor respiration; fall in blood pressure; clammy skin

500-Death likely

Just a little FYI for all of those out there.   Better to be informed than ignorant.

If you ain't hittin 300, you ain't havin fun!

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 18, 2005, 02:49:54 PM

BAC (ma/dL) Effect

500-Death likely

Just a little FYI for all of those out there.   Better to be informed than ignorant.

That's just the pot talking.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Orange_Crush

Quote from: formula_440 on November 18, 2005, 03:05:17 PM

BAC (ma/dL) Effect

500-Death likely

Yeah...I've backed off on the liquor.  You know how I said that I smoke weed to make other people more interesting?  Well, I drink to make other people hate me ;D

golden73

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 18, 2005, 03:09:38 PM
Quote from: formula_440 on November 18, 2005, 03:05:17 PM

BAC (ma/dL) Effect

500-Death likely

Just a little FYI for all of those out there.  Better to be informed than ignorant.

Yeah...I've backed off on the liquor. You know how I said that I smoke weed to make other people more interesting? Well, I drink to make other people hate me ;D

:smilielol:

Old Moparz

I don't drink & drive, & haven't gone to a club or a bar & had more than a beer or two, knowing I was driving later. Even when I saw Nine Inch Nails 2 weeks ago, I made sure I had a hotel that was walking distance from the show. It isn't worth the chance of screwing up & losing your license because it's so important to get around, not to mention the increase in the insurance & other surcharges. Then there's the risk you'll end up in an accident killing or injuring someone including yourself.

As for DUI, I say Orange Crush is right on refusing the test. I had always figured it would be better to deny the test, even before I ever drove. We had driver's ed in high school, & the way the teacher explained the way things worked, if you simply refused it, it was a lesser penalty. This must be the way to go, because a local judge in town was pulled over after leaving a restaurant/bar & he refused the test. He lost his license & had to remove himself from DUI cases, but he must have known better.

The biggest deterrent for me is having a young kid & knowing I should do whatever I can to set a good example. I know I could never preach to her & tell her she can't do something because I said so, & then get in trouble myself for the same thing. My parents didn't do it & I won't do it. I cringe when I run into a bunch of hypocrite parents & have to listen to their BS while they tell me how they teach their kids right from wrong & then do something stupid. That old saying, "Do as I say, not as I do" is a crock.

I'd rather have a few beers at home anyway. It makes it much easier to handle "Candyland" or "Chutes & Ladders."    :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

PocketThunder

I'd rather have a few beers at home anyway. It makes it much easier to handle "Candyland" or "Chutes & Ladders."    :lol:

Me too.  i dont like paying $6 for a whisky n coke at the bar when i can make em twice as strong at home!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 18, 2005, 03:23:19 PM

Tell me about it ::)

ChargerBill

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 18, 2005, 03:23:19 PM
I had always figured it would be better to deny the test, even before I ever drove. We had driver's ed in high school, & the way the teacher explained the way things worked, if you simply refused it, it was a lesser penalty.

Probably true, but I personally would rather face NO penalty. I don't drink, and if I was pulled over for a DUI I'd love to see the cops face when I blew a ZERO. Sometimes cops are just fishing and they'll pull someone over for momentarily crossing the yellow line (which anyone can do innocently while sober). I have been pulled over for NO reason late at night after leaving my sisters or parents house..the cop was on a fishing expedition. When I asked why I was pulled over I got the gammut of BS...but no ticket. It's hard to remain civil when you have some yahoo looking to fill a quota giving you the ninth degree whith your window down while it pouring and freezing outside. Funny thing is, I'm friends with about 20 cops in my area and these guys who pull you over late at night for no apparent reason are the ones that the other cops talk bad about behind closed doors.
Life is a highway...

RD

"hello, my name is Jamey, and I am an alcoholic."

I quit smoking when my daughter was born, but thought to myself that alcohol was alright.   I mean, for real, there are no alcohol warning signs stating that this stuff will kill you like there are on cigarette boxes right?   That is what I told myself to convince myself to keep drinking.

NO DUI's, but it doesnt mean I should not have had about 5 of them, and that is just when the cops actually pulled me over.   3 warnings because the cops were called away to other crimes being committed, and 2 of them when I just plain convinced the cops that I was sober.   Hard to do, but can be done, but nothing I am proud of.

If I was still drinking, I would never buy one of those things that Wakko mentioned.   Why, because that would mean I would have to admit that I have a problem.   Well, of course, no one likes to admit that. (I am speaking for myself)

I never knew how much is too much.   I just kept drinking and drinking and drinking.   Just like OC stated, "If you ain't hittin 300, you ain't havin fun!"   Hell, that is what I thought, though I didnt go by a number, but rather its effects.

It is a daily struggle not to pick up a beer, tequila, or whiskey.   Those neon signs make them look so damn good.   I love the smell, the taste, and the feeling.   But, I love my family even more.

Life is priorities.   I just wish that some would recognize that some priorities are more important than others.  

Hope those who need that gizmo buy it, and actually use it.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Wakko

RD, kudos to you for dealing with your addiction and having the balls to be public about it.  Hopefully your friends help you out and give you the support you need.

Bill, there ARE no quotas.  Yes, we do go on fishing expeditions, some guys for DUI, others for pot, others for hot chicks.  :) 

In Florida, if you're in the driver's seat of the vehicle with the keys in the ignition and the engine running, you're in command of the vehicle and therefore able to be cited for DUI.  The guy that was told to move his car by the police officer should have screamed entrapment.  If the cop knew he was too intoxicated to drive and allowed him (nevertheless ordered him) to drive then he was putting the public at risk and should be reprimanded.  Cops are not even allowed to sandbag a bar and nail people pulling out, they need to view someone on the roads doing something illegal.  The guy in the back seat should also not have received anything at all, he was not in command of the vehicle.

I had a passed out driver of a vehicle in a broken down truck.  He was driving and the transmission blew a line.  He sat there with his foot on the gas and passed out.  Since he was not a danger to the public (his car couldn't drive) I could not arrest him for DUI.  Sometimes the law helps the guilty, sometimes it protects the innocent.   :shruggy:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

ChargerBill

I know there aren't...it's just fun to say. :icon_smile_big:

Actually, I think there was just a case regarding a department that DID have an unspoken quota system and a cop or two were eventually busted for it. I personally get very annoyed at the fishing expeditions. One time I got pulled over because my rear outside tire made a small squeak going around a corner in my truck. The paving was fresh and I was not speeding whatsoever. The cop walked up and I knew him as the little brother of a guy I graduated with. As soon as he walked up I said."Are you really that desperate to write a ticket or are your ears sensitive to high pitched noises?" He said,"Your tires DID squeal." Then I asked,"Was I speeding?" and he said,"I don't know, were you?" and I said."I'm not the cop here, you are." Then he just laughed after he realized who I was and told me I shouldn't be a smartass to cops. I told him I was being a smartass to Buck's little brother and he laughed and told me to stop squeaking my tires and got back into his car. IMO sometimes cops just get bored... :icon_smile_tongue:
Life is a highway...

hemihead

RD, I with you my friend.When I was younger I had a problem with drinking.I was the guy who would go out for 2 or 3 days at a time.I had a weakness for Jack Daniels.But when I got marrried I swore off drinking for the sake of my wife and Kid.It's been 17 years now and I am tempted everyday to just have one but I know I can't go back down that road.I still smoke though.I find it strange that you can advertise alcohol everywhere ( including media accessible to kids eg.Sports, Music,Movies, etc.) but everyone gets all twisted up about smoking.Don't get me wrong , kids shouldn't smoke but I think more control is needed regarding alcohol.Let's face it, nobody ever got killed smoking a cigarette on the
way home from the prom.As far as the alcohol meters are concerned, it's just a way for people to say that I 'm not to the limit yet so I can drink more.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: Todd Wilson on November 18, 2005, 12:50:02 PM
  In the name of research (hic) I drank four bottles of Coors last night in about a two hour time span, waited twenty minutes (you have to let the alcohol in your mouth get absorbed as to not screw up the test results) and tried out my new tester.  

I dont suppose if you pulled someone over you would give them the 20 min wait just in case they had just happened to have drank a beer?!

Todd

Of course I would.  Done it a Million times.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !