News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trim Ring poll!!

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, July 01, 2009, 06:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrome or Brushed?

Chrome ring
16 (48.5%)
Brushed ring
17 (51.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ok folks...just got a set of Wheel Vintiques trim rings from Summit Racing for $36 each....much better than Mopars $95 each.
These turn out to be the exact ring I have on my 15x7 Road Wheels just in a brushed finish.

I know the spokes should be brushed as well but I dont see myself doing that any time soon....
So whadda ya think?

Chrome (first) or Brushed (second)?

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Neal_J

Brushed baby, looks much closer to stock. 

However, I will admit my bias:  my life goal is to run a set of 15" Magnums with brushed spokes and brushed trim rings & spinners because its the coolest thing EVER.  Failing that, brushed rings with polished spokes and spinners are 2nd coolest setup.  Your wheels are now 3rd coolest.

Yea so, I have easily-achievable life goals.  Nothing wrong with that...

Just 6T9 CHGR

3rd coolest?  I can live with that ;)

I agree it definitely looks more closer to stock.  I just put the rears on a little while ago....just looking down the side in my garage seemed to change the whole look of the car :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

I guess as I'm really staring at the pics the first picture actually makes it look like it is a hubcap.

I voted for the satin/brushed.  Would like to see them on the car to really get the perspective. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

resq302

The brushed trim ring with the polished spokes seems off to me.  Guess it is personal preference but I just don't like the over all look of it.  The nice thing is that you have both sets of trim rings so you can just change them out easily enough.  Me personally, I would keep the polished ones on till you get a chance to brush the spoked part.  Again, just my personal preference.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ozziemoparnut

Quote from: resq302 on July 01, 2009, 08:28:35 PM
The brushed trim ring with the polished spokes seems off to me.  Guess it is personal preference but I just don't like the over all look of it.  The nice thing is that you have both sets of trim rings so you can just change them out easily enough.  Me personally, I would keep the polished ones on till you get a chance to brush the spoked part.  Again, just my personal preference.

:iagree: brushed on brushed would look the best  :2thumbs:

RJS

Chris didn't think I'd say this but I like the BRUSHED better. Looks like a nice repro. part!!! :Twocents:

RJS

Oh yeah now you need a set of these:

Foreman72

looks like i'm gonna be the one guy who says chrome
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

A383Wing

Quote from: Foreman72 on July 01, 2009, 09:23:49 PM
looks like i'm gonna be the one guy who says chrome

I say the chrome looks better also....

but what do I know....  :D

bill440rt

Quote from: resq302 on July 01, 2009, 08:28:35 PM

Chris, gotta agree with Brian on this. I know they are not correct, & I'm going against my purist nature, but the brushed/chrome combo looks slightly off. I'm seeing this in a photo, so perhaps in person it's a totally different look.

Solution: Bring 'em BOTH to Carlisle so you/I/we can see what looks really best!
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Neal_J

Hey 3rd Place:

Can we see some pics on the car - brushed on one side & chrome on the other?

Heck, why not run it that way to Carlisle for resq302??

resq302

Quote from: Neal_J on July 01, 2009, 10:00:25 PM
Hey 3rd Place:

Can we see some pics on the car - brushed on one side & chrome on the other?

Heck, why not run it that way to Carlisle for resq302??

What would be funnier yet is if Chris leaves it like that on the show field.  I wonder how many people would notice that one side is brushed and the other side is polished. :scratchchin:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

I like the polished ones myself.  :shruggy: :Twocents:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

y3chargerrt

Chris I liked the brushed look. Have you thought about polishing the lip so they look more like the 14" rings? Ron

TylerCharger69

Brushed looks better to me.  Chrome has that "aftermarket" look to me for some reason  :Twocents:

RJS

I'm surprised none of you guys came up with this suggestion yet:  One brushed ring w/chrome spoke
                                                                                         One chrome ring w/chrome spoke
                                                                                          One brushed ring w/brushed spoke
                                                                                           One chrome ring w/brushed spoke
Enjoy!!! :brickwall:

Neal_J

Quote from: RJS on July 02, 2009, 11:25:51 AM
I'm surprised none of you guys came up with this suggestion yet:  One brushed ring w/chrome spoke

We are in the presence of pure genius!~

resq302

Quote from: RJS on July 02, 2009, 11:25:51 AM

RJS-

I was thinking that but I know Chris did not want to undertake the brushing of the spokes project before Carlisle.  God knows he's had enough headaches with the vinyl top and windshield project that he did.

Actually, Chris, here is another idea.  Do like I did and just get a second set of rims and tires and have a set of each.  Only my rims and trim rings are the same, just have one set of bias ply tires for point shows and one set of radial tires for tooling around everywhere and non-strict point shows.
Brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

QuoteRJS-

I was thinking that but I know Chris did not want to undertake the brushing of the spokes project before Carlisle.  God knows he's had enough headaches with the vinyl top and windshield project that he did.

Actually, Chris, here is another idea.  Do like I did and just get a second set of rims and tires and have a set of each.  Only my rims and trim rings are the same, just have one set of bias ply tires for point shows and one set of radial tires for tooling around everywhere and non-strict point shows.

In a perfect world my friend but sadly not in mine...I roll on one set only.

heck I had to borrow from my youngest daughters iPod Touch birthday gift fund just to get the trim rings

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

We all must make sacrifices Chris.  Look at how long it took me to get my charger to where it is.  Then, once I got the correct disc brake parts, and getting ready to put the wheel back on, the charger fell off the lift.  Hard to believe that was 3 years ago now.

Personally, I would leave the polished trim rings on till you get the chance to brush the spokes. Ooorrr...... bring both sets with you out to Carlisle and have a little voting set up.  Have one side have the brushed rings and the other side have the polished so people could see.  Then on Sat put the winning results onto the car. :scratchchin:
Brian

68charger383

Chrome, The brushed looks like an older one with road wear
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

69*F5*SE

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on July 02, 2009, 11:24:50 AM
Brushed looks better to me.  Chrome has that "aftermarket" look to me for some reason  :Twocents:

:iagree:

motorcitydak

Just voted, Im the tie-breaker rite now. Sorry, but I hate chrome
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]