News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trunk light tab, missing - Daytona

Started by hemi68charger, July 01, 2009, 07:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey ya'll.
Any of you Superbird and/or Daytona owners have a situation like this?
My Daytona came with the A01 light group, hence it should have the trunk
light. Well, the tab for the switch when it was still a '69 Charger R/T
is still there, or shall I say what's left. My understanding is if a
Daytona originally came with one, the tab was cut away from the original
R/T location and replaced/welded to the equivalent position on the new
Daytona plug drain channel. Well, on mine you can clearly see where the
tab was cut away from the original location, but no reattached. Any
Daytona/Superbird owners have the same thing? There's no evidence of the
tab at the new location.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Neal_J

Not that I own a Daytona, but the tab on my bone stock 69 is much smaller than the pic.

69_500

Troy, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing any wiring for the trunk light in your car either. At least I don't see it in any of the photo's I have of the car from Vegas.

hemi68charger

On mine it's missing unless you're referring to the width you can see by the cut portion.
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on July 01, 2009, 07:30:19 PM
Troy, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing any wiring for the trunk light in your car either. At least I don't see it in any of the photo's I have of the car from Vegas.

I'll have to see if it's been cut. The car is coded on the broadcast sheet to have it. Unless it was supposed to be moved, I see no reason why the tech at Creative Industries would have cut it off. If a C500 or Daytona didn't have the option, then the tab was left alone. We all know that the tab was there regardless in it's original R/T form.

Troy

maxwellwedge

Both my cars are coded A01. Doctona has the relocated tab with the proper harness extension. Discotona never had the relocated welded tab. It looks like the Dealer "McViver'd" a bracket onto the side of the trunk lip and spliced into the harness. Probably when the new owner said, "Hey, where the hell is my trunk light". Here is a pic of Disco...

maxwellwedge

And Doc - Done the way they were supposed to.

Aero426

Mine is cut and was rewelded at the "correct" new location by the craftsmen at Creative.

Davtona

Mine has the tab relocated but the car does not have the light package. Hence no switch. Just a relocated bracket. Seems like on Gene's car the bracket was only half attached or something like that. I think he mentions it in his thread. But I believe the bracket was there and relocated also but that car did not have the light package either.

johntpr

Troy..I have an NOS trunk light kit if you need it.

John

hemi68charger

Quote from: johntpr on July 01, 2009, 08:42:56 PM
Troy..I have an NOS trunk light kit if you need it.

John
Thanks all... It's all clear now..............
Man, these things were butchered.......  :-\

Yo John..
I'll email you.......

Guess I need to find a tab now......... Guess any ole' 2nd gen will do..........

Troy
Troy

hemigeno

There seemed to be no rhyme or reason behind what Creative did on this subject.  Lots of cars are like mine - never had the A01 Light Package, yet the trunk light tab was cut off and spot-welded to a new location anyway.  More than a few cars are like yours, Troy, where the A01 Package was coded, but they never seemed to finish up the relocation.

Are there ANY witness marks from where the tab may have been spot-welded at one time?  Is the wiring still there, or totally cut?  Was the tail harness changed out altogether at some point?

hotrod98

Was the trunk light standard on the SE models? Just wondering.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 01, 2009, 10:33:33 PM
Was the trunk light standard on the SE models? Just wondering.

yes, as A47 automatically got you A01

tan top

this is intresting !! wow guess  the guys at creative got up  to all kinds of stuff  :yesnod: ................ :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Wingnut426

Hey Hemi-less,  I got your tab on my Daytona!  When I stripped my car to bare metal, there was orange paint under the green paint! on the tab! NO you can't have it back! LOL!                      Wingnut       

HEMI Daytona Convertible

moparstuart

Quote from: Wingnut426 on July 02, 2009, 11:40:21 AM
Hey Hemi-less,  I got your tab on my Daytona!  When I stripped my car to bare metal, there was orange paint under the green paint! on the tab! NO you can't have it back! LOL!                      Wingnut       

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:    hemi-less   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on July 02, 2009, 12:07:31 PM
Quote from: Wingnut426 on July 02, 2009, 11:40:21 AM

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:    hemi-less   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Dang !!!  Oh well, I'll overcome................... And Staurt, I'd rather be Hemi-less than Wingless... But, as we all know, Mr. nothing-less has it all...... In one car no less......  :D

Hemi-less
Troy

maxwellwedge

And go forth and tell the Nation - From this day forward, the New Daytona Bastard shall be named Hemi-Less.
So it is written - So it shall be done

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 02, 2009, 01:22:13 PM
And go forth and tell the Nation - From this day forward, the New Daytona Bastard shall be named Hemi-Less.

Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less Hemi-Less

Whew !!!!!!  I'm tired.........
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 02, 2009, 01:22:13 PM

so it shall ,   so it shall

69_500

Wow, so if Troy is Hemi-less, then what are me and Stuart then? Other than just dreamers at this point.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on July 02, 2009, 03:28:21 PM
Wow, so if Troy is Hemi-less, then what are me and Stuart then? Other than just dreamers at this point.
we are 500 owners 

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on July 02, 2009, 03:28:21 PM

You're the NEW Wingless....... I have retired that name Pete so prophetically called me.

Hemi-less......
Troy