News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carter AFB

Started by mopar_madman, July 06, 2009, 05:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_madman

I found a old carter afb 9626S in the garage, are these good carbs? is this a mechanical secondary carb? worth trying on the 340?
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Ghoste

It's a good carb and it is the one that Edelbrock cloned for their Performer carb series.  The secondaries have an air valve with a counterweight that has to be overcome by air velocity to open.  Very little to no tuning with that part of it and that is certainly a drawback from a high performance standpint.  As for a plug and play carb they are great.  I think it's a 625 cfm so it will work well on your 340 but not allow it's maximum potential.  I don't think you'd be disappointed either just not hitting the max.

mopar_madman

I'm currently running a 3310 on my 340 ( 70 motor, stock pistons, 2.02 heads w/t 3 angle valve job, RPM intake, comp 268/454 cam, mopar ignition, headers into 2 1/2 ex) in my 73 charger was wondering if that might be a better carb to try.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Ghoste

Keep the Holley on there. :Twocents: