News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Head work cost.

Started by CFMopar, July 29, 2005, 10:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFMopar

ron or neil how much would I be looking at to get my valve guides cut back, the heads and my intake gasket matched. Maybe a little bit of bowl work? I figure if I want to run the roller rockers with these heads I need them off to get the guides cut back might as well do some other work.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

firefighter3931

Most of the work you can do yourself. Get yourself a die grinder and the MP porting templates. The gasket match you can also do yourself with the die grinder and an intake manifold gasket as your guide. When all that is done take it to a machine shop for a good 3 angle valvejob and have the guides trimmed down while you're at it. You will probably need to upgrade the valvesprings at the same time.

As for cost....just call around locally and see what they charge for those services.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Brightyellow69rtse

i had mine cut .050" and a 3 angle valve job last year i think it was 300 or so............Mike

Duey

TM, I just had a set of 452's done for bigger 2.14/1.81 valves, 3-way valve job, backcut intake valves, 70 degree plunge cut for both intakes and exhaust, squaring the heads, new branze guides installed and spring seat area machined for comp 924 springs, all for a shade under 5 bills here in Kingston.  Like Ron said, you can do most the stuff by yourself.  I have the MP templates, and the 70* Serdi plung cut that Shawn did here at Engines Extra took care of 95% of the template material...I'll just be doing a bit of blending...FWIW

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG