News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Attention general lee owners

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, November 19, 2005, 04:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

which paint colour,paint code and company did you use to paint your generlal ee the correct orange???-MATT

cudaken

Just do a Keyword search. I saw it on a link that was posted on the main page one time. My self, I would use Hemi Orange, that would have been correct if Cooter painted it. I think it was a GM color on the show.

Cuda Ken
I am back

MoparManJim

there IS no correct color of orange for the General Lee, back in the day they just painted the charger what ever orange color they had on hand..

MoparMotel

True, they had a bunch of different colors. Mine is in the body shop right now getting ready for paint. Got some samples of other colors and chose one of the original General Lee colors.

1975 Corvette Flame Red
1968 Dodge Charger

jaak

"correct" color depends on who you ask, I have heard they used hemi orange, vitamin c orange, (mopar colors).  Corvette flame red, hugger orange (GM colors) and Big bad orange (amc color) . thats true look at a site with a lot of real GL pics (from the show) on it and side by side you can really notice shade differences from car to car. Also I have read in articles that back in the 80's when show was in filming, warner brothers didn't build the cars theirselves, they contracted (farmed out) the work to like 4-5 different bodyshops, so thats another reason they are so many differences in cars, I remember seeing an article about a local shop in southern cal that got all the 68's to convert to 69 generals.
just telling you some of the info I've heard/ read about.
good luck,
Jason