News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock #60189 heads

Started by christianlarsen, October 27, 2008, 02:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

800 a peice for a complete head? not bad in my opinion. this should be a nice motor when its all said and done

christianlarsen

I just recieved the MP452 heads and they look nice!  :yesnod:

In the instructions I see that mopar recommend adjustable rocker arm assembly P4120974.
I had planned to reuse the original rocker arm assembly, pushrods etc. is that ok to do or must I follow mopar's instructions ?

/Christian

christianlarsen

I would also like advice on the spark plugs i should use ?

Now im using champion J8C but that could be incorrect and I suspect that the new heads also changes this ?

firefighter3931

Quote from: christianlarsen on June 03, 2009, 12:45:46 PM
I just recieved the MP452 heads and they look nice!  :yesnod:

In the instructions I see that mopar recommend adjustable rocker arm assembly P4120974.
I had planned to reuse the original rocker arm assembly, pushrods etc. is that ok to do or must I follow mopar's instructions ?

/Christian

With the 484 cam you can reuse the stock rockers, pushrods etc...no problem  ;)

Yes, those heads are sweeeet....allmost to nice to bolt onto an engine.  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: christianlarsen on June 03, 2009, 03:11:40 PM
I would also like advice on the spark plugs i should use ?

Now im using champion J8C but that could be incorrect and I suspect that the new heads also changes this ?

Yep, you will need new plugs for the aluminum heads. NGK BCPR-6ES will work great !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

christianlarsen

Hi

I got the mp452 on the engine with everything else you specified and what an unbelievable difference!
i notice:
-better start
-much less shaking when running idle (close to still and i suspect the old fan in front might be in on it..)
-totally cool sound
-alot more power

I just ran the car for an easy ride (no kickdown of any kind  ;D ) but the sense of more power/better combustion is very noticable and i had to yank my chins of my ears after...

To everyone who helped me out in this thread i thank you very much. Ron, I especially owe you great thanx for your advice and patient explanations!  thnx m8 :cheers:

/Christian

firefighter3931

That's fantastic news Christian !  :2thumbs:

Wait until you really hammer the throttle !!!  ;)

Not surprising it feels much stronger....you picked up an easy 75hp with the aluminum 452's and the (closed) combustion chamber is much better for throttle response.

Good work buddy  :coolgleamA:

Ron

christianlarsen

Hi Ron.

I tried a couple of kickdowns now and the engine is still knocking when it pulls hard (it pulls very very hard by the way  :o and :laugh: .)
I think the timing has to be lowered/retarted a bit. Can you tell me what range the timing must be within ? im running the engine on 95 pon (over here its 99 ron) so i dont believe its an octane problem rather timing.

/christian

flyinlow

I used Hooker comps on my 446 with Eddy Heads (84cc). Drivers side is fine  Pax side #2 and #8 plugs are very close . Clearenced headers and use plug boot insulators. ( and carry a spare plug wire). TTI s would be nice. Hookers have good ground clearence on my 73.

Edelbrock says the angle plug is worth 15 hp over the straight plug Mopar heads that they make.

I have srp flat top piston with valve reliefs. 10.6 CR .020 deck  if i remember .Runs well on 94 Ultra, ok on 92.   :Twocents: