News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear defrost

Started by 73-se, November 19, 2005, 11:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73-se

I'm restoring a '73 SE; I'm wondering if it may have had a rear defrost? I'm not even sure what the options were on such, but there seems to be an opening for it between the rear speakers? Can anybody verify how I know if it should have this, and where I could get it? Thanks,
Jeramy

Spartan

Check your fender tag, the option should show up there if you have a decoder or option book to figure out the number.  I know on my 69 it did not come with one but I have the spot for it in the framework below the package tray.  If you actually had a hole cut in the tray and it is original it may have been there.  Also see if you have a spot where the switch would be and see if it looks like it used to have something there.  Just a few ideas.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Just 6T9 CHGR

The rear defrost option wil not be on a 2nd gen tag....not sure about the 3rd gen.
The option will be listed on the broadcast sheet only.

All cars were built (ones that could be equipped with a rear defrost) with the opening already cut in the rear deck. 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ScottW

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on November 20, 2005, 06:17:33 PM
The rear defrost option wil not be on a 2nd gen tag....not sure about the 3rd gen.
The option will be listed on the broadcast sheet only.

All cars were built (ones that could be equipped with a rear defrost) with the opening already cut in the rear deck.  

That makes sense - my 74 does not have a code for it on the fender tag but has one installed. I wonder if it was part of a package.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

73-se

My fender tag doesn't show defrost but it does show heat and a/c. Since I don't have the broadcast sheet I'm going to say it's not a priority for me right now. I might try to get the parts together later, but for now I want to get the interior put together and since there's no way to know, it doesn't make sense to wait to find the parts. Thanks for all your help guys,
Jeramy

Nacho-RT74

The opening on rear package ( metal section ) is allways there. The package tray would be or not cut to fit the grill if it has or not.

Fender Tag didnt exist here but as far I know it should be coded there
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Spartan

Hmm, my resto book says it was code H31 on the fender tag in 69 and on the 7th line of the broadcast sheet.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

73-se

That would make sense- H51 is my code for heat/AC. Definitely don't have an H31 though.