News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2003 Durango security system acting wierd

Started by bull, July 17, 2009, 03:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Recently my car battery went dead and during that time the alarm system started acting strange and one of my remotes stopped working. I replaced the car battery and everything else went back to normal but the alarm system is still screwy and the one remote still won't work. I thought maybe it was a dead-battery coincidence so I changed the batteries in the remote but that helped nothing.

Anyway, I said to hell with that remote because the wife's still works but the main thing now is that the system arms itself after 60 seconds without me locking the doors or setting the alarm. I believe it's going into a radio anti-theft mode because it doesn't make any noise, it just locks out the starter and the dash lights and turn signals flash. Until I hit the unlock button on the remote it won't start so if that remote quits I'm screwed.

Also, I was under the impression that you're supposed to be able to disarm the system with the key and I don't think I've ever been able to do that. It wasn't an issue until my remote stopped working so now I wonder if I'm going to get stranded someday if my remote stops working.

Any ideas?

Back N Black

I had problems with my alarm and remote start after my battery died in my Impala, called the dealer and they had to reset it, its a code that they program in the computer to reset. Not sure if its the same for a Mopar but give them a call.

bull

Thanks. I did call two service managers at a couple Dodge dealerships last Friday but they were already in weekend mode so their brains weren't working too well. That or they really don't know anything more about it than I do. I'll try again today.