News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird wing

Started by dbcollector, July 19, 2009, 09:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbcollector

i know its not the same as a daytona charger wing. but does anyone have the dimension for the superbird wing.

A383Wing

UFO

Did you dig one out of the quarry?

BigBlockSam

QuoteDid you dig one out of the quarry?

:lol: :smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

pettybird

Quote from: dbcollector on July 19, 2009, 09:51:14 PM
i know its not the same as a daytona charger wing. but does anyone have the dimension for the superbird wing.

physically I'm going with the third, factoring in the time it's been around you're looking at the fourth.

nascarxx29

Cant find those dimensions at this momemt.But superbird center is longer.That crane picture reminds me of a wing brace :lol:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

sunroofsuperbird

maybe he found the one in the canadian qarry. I think that was a daytona though?
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

dbcollector

i can say i love my job look at the BIG toy i get to play with :nana: :hah: :2thumbs:

A383Wing

Quote from: nascarxx29 on July 20, 2009, 07:45:06 AM
Cant find those dimensions at this momemt.But superbird center is longer.That crane picture reminds me of a wing brace :lol:

OK..I thought the horizontal section was the same between the Daytona & the 'Birds...I know the vertical pieces are completely different....

Inquiring mind want to know...

pettybird

Quote from: A383Wing on July 20, 2009, 08:56:20 PM

OK..I thought the horizontal section was the same between the Daytona & the 'Birds...I know the vertical pieces are completely different....

the center section on a bird is shorter--the uprights cant in

maxwellwedge

Quote from: pettybird on July 19, 2009, 11:41:24 PM

physically I'm going with the third, factoring in the time it's been around you're looking at the fourth.

Let's never forget the Fifth Dimension......Let the sunshine in!  O0

Ghoste

Quote from: nascarxx29 on July 20, 2009, 04:09:02 PM
Oh yeah the rumored quarry daytona :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,26995.0.html

The rumored car that I saw pics of didn't have a useable wing on it.  The broken parts of it were there but the pics I saw were of a car that looked like it had been run over by a bulldozer.  It couldn't have donated any part save for a VIN tag and most certainly not the wing in question in this thread.
Now as for this other one that is supposed to be underwater, I can't comment there.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on July 20, 2009, 09:22:25 PM

I still think they are the same piece just cut down because off the car they look identical  just shorter
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

Quote from: moparstuart on July 20, 2009, 10:25:51 PM
Quote from: pettybird on July 20, 2009, 09:22:25 PM

I still think they are the same piece just cut down because off the car they look identical  just shorter

I understood they were slightly swept back, more of an angle to the rear?  I dont know really one of the experts would have to say.

A383Wing

The 'Bird uprights are swept back more...I was referring to the center section...I just measured mine...it's 57-1/2" long...who has one from a 'Bird to measure....I was always under the impression they were the same...

If not, I sit corrected

hotrod98

I have the daytona wing and the superbird wing sitting side by side in the shop. I'll try to remember to measure them tomorrow, but I'm almost sure that the horizontal blades are the same length.
Remember the pic of the 69 runner at creative that had one daytona upright and one superbird upright?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Blown70

Quote from: A383Wing on July 20, 2009, 10:54:49 PM
The 'Bird uprights are swept back more...I was referring to the center section...I just measured mine...it's 57-1/2" long...who has one from a 'Bird to measure....I was always under the impression they were the same...

If not, I sit corrected

ohhh, yes, now I understand....

hotrod98

I stand corrected.  :D

I measured my wings today and they're definitely different. My real Superbird wing blade measures 55 3/8 inches and the hollow aluminum Daytona wing blade that Dane made measures 57 1/4. Seems like my fiberglass Janek Daytona wing was just over 57 iinches as well.

I'm curious as to what the length of the blade is on a 3rd gen wingcar. They're definitely longer since the wing uprights are mounted right on the edge of the quarter panels.

Charles Addams

A383Wing

Well, so far we got 3 length values for the Daytona wing...mine is original, came from one of the race cars in '69...measures exactly 57-1/2" long....wonder how many other lengths there are?  :shruggy:

pettybird

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 20, 2009, 09:24:22 PM

if we're the only ones getting each other's jokes maybe we should just run back and forth in pm's  :lol:

hotrod98

Quote from: A383Wing on July 21, 2009, 09:05:29 PM
Well, so far we got 3 length values for the Daytona wing...mine is original, came from one of the race cars in '69...measures exactly 57-1/2" long....wonder how many other lengths there are?  :shruggy:

Danes wing blades may not be identical to the originals. Not a problem for me.
In my opinion, the true correct length would be whatever the street version oem Daytona wings measure out to.
My Superbird wing is definitely a real oem wing so my measurement is correct for a Superbird wing.
Don't ask for any more measurements off of my Daytona wing though, It's in the paint booth to be painted tomorrow. And, I'm serious. I really am painting it along with my deck lid. The hinges were already painted so I can get a few things bolted on this week.
I'll take pics tomorrow to prove it to everyone.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'm serious. I really am painting it along with my deck lid. The hinges were already painted so I can get a few things bolted on this week.
I'll take pics tomorrow to prove it to everyone.  icon_smile_big

:pigsfly:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 22, 2009, 05:07:56 PM
QuoteI'm serious. I really am painting it along with my deck lid. The hinges were already painted so I can get a few things bolted on this week.
I'll take pics tomorrow to prove it to everyone.  icon_smile_big

:pigsfly:
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

A383Wing

"Tomorrow" is almost over with....  :nana:   :popcrn:

hotrod98

Drum roll please...........................

One black hollow aluminum Daytona wing.  :coolgleamA:

Charles Addams

hotrod98

And in addition...a bonus...

One black Daytona deck lid.  :coolgleamA:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

mauve66

i thought we decided that i wanted a mauve wing not black???  oh well , since its already painted i'll just change the paint scheme for the car, thanks anyway though :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

maxwellwedge

Quote from: pettybird on July 21, 2009, 10:05:43 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 20, 2009, 09:24:22 PM

if we're the only ones getting each other's jokes maybe we should just run back and forth in pm's  :lol:

:rofl:

maxwellwedge

I'll measure one of each if you guys want...

BigBlockSam

Hey Stuart , whats the over under on how long it will take hotrod to install  wing ,trunk lid and nose.  

30 days ,? or before christmas  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 23, 2009, 07:50:27 PM
Hey Stuart , whats the over under on how long it will take hotrod to install  wing ,trunk lid and nose.  

30 days ,? or before christmas  :smilielol:
i'm going for after christmas , but it should be before st louis  :Twocents:   oh an my birds wing  center section is 55 1/2 inches
its off a real yellow car

hotrod98

I have to re-paint the wing. I missed a flaw on the left upright up under the wing blade. I sanded it down today and hopefully will re-paint it tomorrow. I'l cut and buff the deck lid this weekend and install the parts on Sunday if all goes well. I still have to make the wing washers. I have a fiberglass one to go by to make something that looks acceptable.

As for the cloner, we've talked about jumping in the middle of it and finishing it up in time to take it to St. Louis. Branson's in two weeks so that show is out of the question. We plan to take two of the cudas and the wingrunner to the Branson show. At least I can drive something with a wing.
With my son working with me now, you guys might be surprised at how fast some things get finished. We've accepted several new resto projects though and that will slow us up some. Brent's specialty is the mechanical side but he has some experience with paint and painting. He worked at our old paint store as a paint rep for a while. The only problem with him working at the shop is that I have to actually get up and do something now. ;D

We spent most of the day messing around with the black runner. The six-barrel and 4-speed are in. It's starting to look like a car again.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteBrent's specialty is the mechanical side

i thought his specialty was  bbq .   :cheers:

hotrod98

He's multi talented.  :yesnod:

Charles Addams

wingedone