News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird wing

Started by dbcollector, July 19, 2009, 09:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Drum roll please...........................

One black hollow aluminum Daytona wing.  :coolgleamA:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hotrod98

And in addition...a bonus...

One black Daytona deck lid.  :coolgleamA:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mauve66

i thought we decided that i wanted a mauve wing not black???  oh well , since its already painted i'll just change the paint scheme for the car, thanks anyway though :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

maxwellwedge

Quote from: pettybird on July 21, 2009, 10:05:43 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 20, 2009, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: pettybird on July 19, 2009, 11:41:24 PM
Quote from: dbcollector on July 19, 2009, 09:51:14 PM
i know its not the same as a daytona charger wing. but does anyone have the dimension for the superbird wing.

physically I'm going with the third, factoring in the time it's been around you're looking at the fourth.

Let's never forget the Fifth Dimension......Let the sunshine in!  O0

if we're the only ones getting each other's jokes maybe we should just run back and forth in pm's  :lol:

:rofl:

maxwellwedge

I'll measure one of each if you guys want...

BigBlockSam

Hey Stuart , whats the over under on how long it will take hotrod to install  wing ,trunk lid and nose.  

30 days ,? or before christmas  :smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 23, 2009, 07:50:27 PM
Hey Stuart , whats the over under on how long it will take hotrod to install  wing ,trunk lid and nose.  

30 days ,? or before christmas  :smilielol:
i'm going for after christmas , but it should be before st louis  :Twocents:   oh an my birds wing  center section is 55 1/2 inches
its off a real yellow car

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I have to re-paint the wing. I missed a flaw on the left upright up under the wing blade. I sanded it down today and hopefully will re-paint it tomorrow. I'l cut and buff the deck lid this weekend and install the parts on Sunday if all goes well. I still have to make the wing washers. I have a fiberglass one to go by to make something that looks acceptable.

As for the cloner, we've talked about jumping in the middle of it and finishing it up in time to take it to St. Louis. Branson's in two weeks so that show is out of the question. We plan to take two of the cudas and the wingrunner to the Branson show. At least I can drive something with a wing.
With my son working with me now, you guys might be surprised at how fast some things get finished. We've accepted several new resto projects though and that will slow us up some. Brent's specialty is the mechanical side but he has some experience with paint and painting. He worked at our old paint store as a paint rep for a while. The only problem with him working at the shop is that I have to actually get up and do something now. ;D

We spent most of the day messing around with the black runner. The six-barrel and 4-speed are in. It's starting to look like a car again.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteBrent's specialty is the mechanical side

i thought his specialty was  bbq .   :cheers:

hotrod98

He's multi talented.  :yesnod:

Charles Addams

wingedone