News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 440 Engine Wiring

Started by Shakey, November 21, 2005, 08:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Can anyone please tell me where to plug in the Temperature Gauge Sending Unit Wire on a '69 440?   My car is a '69 Charger with an oil gauge in the rallye cluster.

Attached is a photo of my engine bay, although it is hard to see, there is a purple wire with insulation wrapped around it and a black rubber plug right beside the distributor.   I do not know where to plug it into.

A photo of where to plug this in would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The temp sender screws into the pass side of the waterpump housing facing forward.   You gain access to it through the round hole in the alternator bracket.   Looks like in your pic you have a pipe plug where it should go or possibly the sender is broken off

heres a pic
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Thanks Chris.

BTW, looks like I'll need a bracket to hold my heater hoses in place.  The one you have that attaches to the alternator bracket - Bill Allphin?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yep, he has them ;)

Those wire ty's and no fan shroud got me worrying
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Ya, now that I think of it, that would make a f**k of a mess if the blades hit those hoses!

Ex President

I'd like one of those brackets..... How much??

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ex President on December 06, 2005, 02:29:47 AM
I'd like one of those brackets..... How much??

www.amhightechauto.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T