News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieZ

Here it is at the Wheels and Wings show at a local airport.  It's right next to my Dad's 1974 Impala

Chargerito

How the hell do you guys post pics. Every time i try to attatch a picture the file is WAY too big. Even if i compress the picture. Whats up with that????

nvrbdn

Here is how it works...make the photo less than 200 kb in size, and then post. If the photo name is already used, change the name and re-post. If you try to post a too large a photo then that photo needs to be renamed after you re-size it down (even if a photo is too large, that name is now "in the system" and cannot be used again - add a "-1" to it is a easy solution). That is all there is to it.

I borrowed Dan's explanation.  I open the pictures with "Paint" to work on them. Good luck.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JamieZ

I use a third party site (photobucket in my case, but there are others).  You upload the photo there and then use an IMG tag to post it here.

family_dodge

Greetings Charger owners and fans,

I just got ownership of a 1969 Dodge Charger with a 383.

My dad bought this car in 1982-3 in Minnesota. He bought it from a lady who was the only other owner of the car. He picked it up for a good price, tuned it up, and turned it into our family vehicle.

I can remember sitting in the back seat as we drove to get groceries. I would beg him to drive through the ditches—and he would! Dad painted the car orange around '84 or so and did some more work to the motor. For a while, he had the General Lee decals on the car.

As you can imagine, the car has always had a special place in my heart/mind. Dad held onto it for all these years, through his moves to different states and through life challenges. It hasn't run since the mid-90s after too some general troublemaking that I won't get into.

Through the years, our hope was to restore it together with my (future) children. Alas, Dad died this summer of a stroke. Our dream won't be fulfilled together, but I'll work on it, and slowly I'll get it roadworthy again—hopefully with some kiddos of my own.

First pic is Dad with the Charger years and years ago, right after he painted it from green to orange.

Second pic is the Charger after I brought it home (my nieces were really impressed).

nvrbdn

Great. welcome to the group family_dodge.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Lennard

I'm sorry for your loss.  Awesome story and great that you're going to restore your dad's car! :2thumbs:

rikubot

Welcome. I came into possession of my car the same way. The best part of my car--above any prestige or rarity--is that it reminds me of my dad. Even just the smell of the interior makes me think of him. Again, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm happy you'll have a piece of your dad with you.
'69 Charger, 440/727

tan top

Quote from: family_dodge on August 16, 2016, 05:40:04 PM
Greetings Charger owners and fans,

I just got ownership of a 1969 Dodge Charger with a 383.

My dad bought this car in 1982-3 in Minnesota. He bought it from a lady who was the only other owner of the car. He picked it up for a good price, tuned it up, and turned it into our family vehicle.

I can remember sitting in the back seat as we drove to get groceries. I would beg him to drive through the ditches—and he would! Dad painted the car orange around '84 or so and did some more work to the motor. For a while, he had the General Lee decals on the car.

As you can imagine, the car has always had a special place in my heart/mind. Dad held onto it for all these years, through his moves to different states and through life challenges. It hasn't run since the mid-90s after too some general troublemaking that I won't get into.

Through the years, our hope was to restore it together with my (future) children. Alas, Dad died this summer of a stroke. Our dream won't be fulfilled together, but I'll work on it, and slowly I'll get it roadworthy again—hopefully with some kiddos of my own.

First pic is Dad with the Charger years and years ago, right after he painted it from green to orange.

Second pic is the Charger after I brought it home (my nieces were really impressed).

hello & welcome FD  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
  sorry to hear about your Dad ...
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Laxy

Sneak preview of a track day we just had on the weekend, I will start a thread for it separately once I have all the videos uploaded. The big ole' Dodge did surprisingly well and I scored a trophy for my troubles, plus the club did this pic for me!!

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Lennard

Great picture and congrats on the trophy!  :2thumbs:

Laxy

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Laxy on August 17, 2016, 03:56:10 AM
Sneak preview of a track day we just had on the weekend, I will start a thread for it separately once I have all the videos uploaded. The big ole' Dodge did surprisingly well and I scored a trophy for my troubles, plus the club did this pic for me!!

Great photo! Can't wait to see the videos!  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

timmycharger

family_dodge

Quote from: rikubot on August 16, 2016, 11:44:18 PM
Welcome. I came into possession of my car the same way. The best part of my car--above any prestige or rarity--is that it reminds me of my dad. Even just the smell of the interior makes me think of him. Again, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm happy you'll have a piece of your dad with you.

Yeah—lots of meaning and associations. Glad to find you on here, rikubot.

68pplcharger

Laxy

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 17, 2016, 09:04:32 PM
Great photo! Can't wait to see the videos!  :2thumbs:

Thanks, just posted a thread up in Charger Discussion with all the pics and vids!

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

nvrbdn

A photographer was walking around at the drive-in Thursday night and shot these of my car.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Brian L

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

68 VIPER CHARGER

My brother and I went to a car show, both won trophies, took some photos on Rt 66.