News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Quote from: Ghoste on January 06, 2014, 09:40:23 PM
In the first pic, whats that back under the shelter?

That was another charger I was working on for a friend of mine. Rebuilt the front end for him. The lower control arm bushings were completely gone and the rest had never been replaced. It was a general clone and he kinda ran outta cash but we did get the worst of it fixed up.

69wannabe

Ghoste

It was worth the wait, your car is gorgeous.

69wannabe

Thank You!!!!! It has been a work in progress for several years. It isn't perfect but a very nice driver!! Still got a few things I would like to do to it but its running and driving for the first time in about 3 or 4 years so i'm just gonna drive it and enjoy it for a little while and give my credit card a break!! LOL :icon_smile_big:

69wannabe

I got some of the pics when it was being cut on and pieced back together if anyone is interested to see what we had to work with!! Not a pretty sight :rotz:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

69wannabe

I will get started on that tomorrow after work and get some pics up on my rear car repair. Got to hit the hay for work tomorrow!! Will be stuck inside after work tomorrow since it's not gonna be above freezing until wednesday. Just glad to have a few on here for people to see finally!!

JB400

440 Fanatic

Took a recent pic of my buddy 'Simon'   ,, had him for about 14 years now,  I rebuilt his engine and tranny,  replaced all of his brake components, and enhanced his breating abilty  ;)
Also , totally rebuilt his front suspension and steering,  and a new aluminum radiator, and brand new rear leaf springs,,
and he Loves All of it  :)   And I rebuilt his 8 3/4 ass end  :)

BTW,  the Daytona wing was on him when I bought him.

He is literally my daily driver  ;)

Ghoste

MxRacer855

tan top

Quote from: 440 Fanatic on January 07, 2014, 09:41:21 AM
Took a recent pic of my buddy 'Simon'   ,, had him for about 14 years now,  I rebuilt his engine and tranny,  replaced all of his brake components, and enhanced his breating abilty  ;)
Also , totally rebuilt his front suspension and steering,  and a new aluminum radiator, and brand new rear leaf springs,,
and he Loves All of it  :)   And I rebuilt his 8 3/4 ass end  :)

BTW,  the Daytona wing was on him when I bought him.

He is literally my daily driver  ;)

looks a mean muther   :2thumbs:  ready and waiting  for action  :coolgleamA:  is it a real Daytona wing ?
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JesseJames78

Hi All,
I am new to the forum and figured this is the best way to introduce myself, and the car. I have been looking at post on here for a while and appreciate all of the information I have been getting (It has helped knowing that some are having the same issues and what they found to fix them) so THANKS!
I have had the car for 14 years now (however it has had me from the first time I saw it in a field when I was 10 years old). The wife and I enjoy the car and affectionately call it D.P.H. (Dirty Pirate Hooker); our 2 kids also love the car. When they are in the garage "helping" me work on it and it is time for them to go to bed they will hug the car's front fender, give it a kiss and tell it goodnight (they are 7 and 5 and we think it is cute).
Anyhow, hello and thanks!
Jesse

Dino

Quote from: JesseJames78 on January 08, 2014, 04:57:58 PM
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and figured this is the best way to introduce myself, and the car. I have been looking at post on here for a while and appreciate all of the information I have been getting (It has helped knowing that some are having the same issues and what they found to fix them) so THANKS!
I have had the car for 14 years now (however it has had me from the first time I saw it in a field when I was 10 years old). The wife and I enjoy the car and affectionately call it D.P.H. (Dirty Pirate Hooker); our 2 kids also love the car. When they are in the garage "helping" me work on it and it is time for them to go to bed they will hug the car's front fender, give it a kiss and tell it goodnight (they are 7 and 5 and we think it is cute).
Jesse

Very nice!  Be sure to disinfect the fender...for the kids of course, for the kids.   :D

J/K! 

Welcome to the forum and feel free to post lots more pics of that ride of yours.  We love the stories on how you got to own the car, or how it got to own you depending how you look at it, so feel free to post your story in Charger Discussion if you feel like it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

stripedelete

D.P.H.?    :lol:   I want to hear that story.

Looks great.  B5?  SE?

tan top

Quote from: JesseJames78 on January 08, 2014, 04:57:58 PM
Hi All,
Jesse

hello & welcome JJ  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:   nice looking 69  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JesseJames78

The first time I saw this car I was 10 and we just moved from Alaska to Washington. The car was sitting in a field and I was so excited about a real 1969 Charger only 5 miles from me! My parents said to start saving and perhaps someday I could own the car…and so I began! I attempted to buy the car when I was 18 and the owner was attached to it and would not let it go. I did not give up on the dream though as I kept saving and went back years later. The owner remembered me from when I was 18 and told me that if I return the next day with cash and a trailer the car was mine! The car was t5 with a tan top originally however it had a lot of rot that needed to be cut out and replaced. I thought it could only be original once so I changed it to what I wanted B5. It is a SE car with a matching numbers 383. From what I am told I am the 4th owner of it. The original owner received it as a graduation gift; she did not like it so she parked it behind the barn and took the wheels off of it, and the wheels went on the car she really wanted. It was sold to a police officer a few years later and he only drove it a few times (he did not like it because it had too much power for him from what I am told). The guy I purchased it from was the 3rd owner and he only drove it a few years and parked it in 1973 (the last year it was registered). He would go out and start it once a month, pull it forward, cut the grass around it, and back it up into its parking spot. He pulled the entire interior from it and hung it up in his garage, and covered the dash with a blanket.  It has 17,103 original miles on it now and will have many more once I work out all of the bugs from sitting most of its life. The story behind DPH is from working on it as it likes to fight me…blood scars the whole 9 yards. Once it died in the middle of a left turn yield and would not start, we had a truck that was driving at us fast and not slowing down. I was cranking it and said “start you dirty pirate hooker!” and it fired up… The wife was laughing and the name has stuck with it from that point on. She even picked up a license plate with a pirate on it for the car when we were in Key West.

dual fours

I love your colors, black and blue, don't forget to hid the car keys from the 7 year old :angel:.
And your wife was laughing, sitting in the shotgun seat with a fast truck bearing down on her side, what a girl, not scared :scared:.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Ghoste

What a great story.  Good to have you on the forum.

don duick

Ghoste

Thats a nice pair Don.  That pic of the blue one almost makes it look like it has a blue top the way the light is hitting it.

JB400

A nice change from seeing almost every 70 R/T with the scoops.   :2thumbs:

don duick

It is not an R/T I just like the look of the stripe. I think if I had a R/T I would remove them. I cant believe the designers covered up one of the best features of this car with those scoops, they should have put them on the rear quarters facing the other way.