News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Welcome stuubi.  How did your wife feel about the downgrade in her seating status?

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on January 23, 2014, 04:09:05 PM
Welcome stuubi.  How did your wife feel about the downgrade in her seating status?
He probably couldn't hear what she had to say because of the exhaust :lol:

MxRacer855

Quote from: 69white hat on January 23, 2014, 10:17:04 AM
Thanks guys! I've only owned her for around a year, and she has some problems, but we're trying to work them out together. I wonder if anybody on this site will recognize her? I may live in northern alberta, Canada, But I bought her from near Chicago. From Volo, as you can see on the front of the car.

Hey 69white hat!

I actually went to look at this Charger before I bought mine. I didn't have the money at the time and never saw one in person before so I checked it out! Very cool. I got to sit in it and all. If I can remember right... the motor put out around 500-550 hp right?

Jeff

69white hat

Thats's what they said. More like 50. Whoever built it built it way up to something but I havent got a clue what. It ran like crap and smelled of gas real bad. Had to turn the timing back to 8* and the cam was out a quarter turn. Now its probably putting out about 400hp, but it pings if I step on it too much. So I just take it easy and enjoy. One day I'll rebuild it and find out whats in  it and what it needs. I put avgas in it once, 100LL, and it loved it. Ran great. But I can't be doing that at 1.70$/liter. Nice to find someone who recognizes it. Wish I could find the guy that half assed the engine.

stuubi

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 23, 2014, 05:12:44 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 23, 2014, 04:09:05 PM
Welcome stuubi.  How did your wife feel about the downgrade in her seating status?
He probably couldn't hear what she had to say because of the exhaust :lol:

Pretty much so :cheers:
Well tell you the honest truth,babyseat was easiest to assemble at the passenger seat.I had to use tiedown's,so it's pretty fast to take away.

Thank's for the welcome and i'm glad i found this forum,been reading it for some time now.It seem's that there are many skilled member's.

MxRacer855

Quote from: 69white hat on January 23, 2014, 09:24:12 PM
Thats's what they said. More like 50. Whoever built it built it way up to something but I havent got a clue what. It ran like crap and smelled of gas real bad. Had to turn the timing back to 8* and the cam was out a quarter turn. Now its probably putting out about 400hp, but it pings if I step on it too much. So I just take it easy and enjoy. One day I'll rebuild it and find out whats in  it and what it needs. I put avgas in it once, 100LL, and it loved it. Ran great. But I can't be doing that at 1.70$/liter. Nice to find someone who recognizes it. Wish I could find the guy that half assed the engine.

Yeah, it looked like a nice car. The metallic orange paint is what really stood out! When I saw it, I remember they had the radio out and wires everywhere. When you picked it up, did they still have the Fast and the Furious Charger against the wall? The flat black blown one?

MxRacer855

Did they give you that AAAMAZING deal where you pay $15 to look at the car you want to buy and if you actually buy the car, you get your money back?? :lol: Those guys crack me up. Cool place though.

Ghoste

They've tried some goofy stuff at auctions too.  (I'll skip the details, suffice to say they just don't get it)

69white hat

Being form northern alberta Canada, ( Cold Lake ) I didn't really want to go and look at the car so I don't know if the furious charger was there or not. I hired an auto broker out of Calgary to buy the car for me. He had a fee, but the first thing he did was get them to come down on the price more than enough to justify his cost. Then we hired a guy for 150$ to go look at the car and take pictures and write a report. Then we got volo to fix all the obviously bad stuff and I bought the car. Then I paid them to put widshield wipers on and some other stuff so that I could pass an inspection when it got here. The auto broker arranged delivery to Calgary, all the cross border customs stuff and tax stuff so that when I got to Calgary, the car had a plate on it, I shook his hand, fired up the car and drove it straight to my good friend who is my mechanic and he straighteded out the engine. It took some trouble shooting but it certainly runs nicely and cruises exeptionally well. After we put in all the stuff I mentioned above the car will be excellent. The metallic gold flek pearl paint is really beauty, you're right and I get lots of comments about how it glitters in the sunlight. I puchased an Ipod ready original looking radio from classic and put it in the dash to cover the hole. Its not hooked to anything but it looks ok. I really love this car and can't wait till spring to take it cruising. 15$ to sit in a car is pretty funny.

69white hat

By the way I reeeeeeeeeally love the vinyl top. Classes it up with the white r/t stripe in the back and white interior. I realize not everyone likes em, just like I don't like 14" and 15" pizza cutter wheels, but it's just a little bit different and I love it. :icon_smile_big: :coolgleamA:

Ghoste

I'm a vinyl top fan too.  The car looks great and I'm waiting for good weather to get driving again as well. :2thumbs: :cheers:

ODZKing

Right car, right color combination and they look great.
For example, I think a first gen looks better with a black vinyl top than white. Just my  :Twocents:

MxRacer855

No doubt! I'm also a vinyl top fan. You have a beautiful looking car. That flake in the orange is amazing. :2thumbs:

Jeff

69white hat

Ghoste

Quote from: ODZKing on January 26, 2014, 11:21:55 AM
Right car, right color combination and they look great.
For example, I think a first gen looks better with a black vinyl top than white. Just my  :Twocents:

No kidding?  Thats funny because Im so 100% of the opposite opinion that I don't even thin a black top should have been offered for the 67 Chargers.  Maybe with white exterior but thats it.
And I truly apologize to the black top fastback owners and don't ever think I hate your car, I just like the white vinyl on them so much more.

472 R/T SE

If a rig has to have a vinyl top, having one on a Charger is the best of both worlds imo.

I must admit I miss my hardtop days.  My only bitch is taking care of it & what it does to my car cover.  It seems like I can never reach the center when putting the shine on.

Back N Black

68killerbee

Day after I got it.  It's in the garage now, working on getting it running.  :2thumbs:

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69white hat

mrbenou

hi there
i've finally finished my body.
new roof, new paint (original R4)  and a lot of work to do for the old 413 engine!

Ghoste

Most recent shot of mine.  Decided to run it up to temp. yesterday and let it move a bit.  We had a freak thaw and rain on Friday so the driveway was passable.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

slash19

68killerbee

Mine looked about like that when I got it. Restored it in 1996. It has a 413 auto with disc brakes and posi. Fun as hell to drive. I like to call it my Green machine.

I can't get a picture the right size to send so I'll give you this link to look at. My son wanted to video for a bit one day.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-kpzq7gEuA

He didn't do to bad of a job for a beginner.

stuubi

Ghoste's car is just freaking awesome!Really nice touch on yellow stripe!