News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73Charger

This seems to be the largest post I've ever seen, so I guess I should be the only one on the list NOT to post a pic  :devil:
1973 Charger SE 318 060 over, edel 1405, added elec choke, Mallory CD Ignition, Hdrs, to Dual Ravin Exhaust, Go-Wing
Restoring for cruising. I drive her during the summer.

axlerod

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 11, 2007, 09:27:01 PM
Nice lookin' ride axlerod.  I've always liked the greeens and not so common colors. 
I like the stance just the way it is.  A little low in front, but it's got a nice rake.  :thumbs:

Thanks! I'll post another picture after I get the new springs on it to see what you guys think...

mikepmcs

I've never posted either so here i go. 

By the way, that is Jimmy Shine's next to mine at the Turner, Maine show.  Jim and Matt(his brother)  received a trophy that day!! :thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

what kind of rims are those?.. that looks KILLER!!!  :icon_smile_approve:

mikepmcs

Dave, those are the new Am racing ARE 47's (repops)
I changed mine from when i got em and bought new BFG's and turned the raised white lettering out.  Jim Shine had the more correct TV show version and I went for the new movie version.  I/we thought it was a nice contrast at the shows we attended together.   Jim Shine is unbelievable as far as knowledge goes when it comes to DOH(don't even test him).  Matt is just wicked cool to listen to as well.  He's so smart, and sarcastic, he cracks me up!!!!!  I hope they get a chance to come back to the house to have some laughs(read that as beer) before they possibly move away.  :-[

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

interesting how the shine flattens the hood, do you have any detailed pics of your push bar and it's mounting?.. any measurments and weight?.  it's source (like where you buy them?) did you rattle bomb the interior?...source and measurements of the roll bar et?..
ya' know what i'd love to see?.. is a bunch of general lees in a decent photo shoot maybe with one flying over...  :laugh:
Mauibear sure got a nice one... must be nice to hit the horn and do a burnout... lol

love this thread!  :scope: :drool5:

mally69

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 08, 2007, 07:20:42 PM
  ;D
I thought the same thing when I saw that.  I bet that is a great town to live in!!!

v/r
M

Punxsutawney,,,,, its not a bad town pretty quiet,,, as for 6 more weeks of winter    wont know that until febuary  2   
i might  have to see if i can get him to chase me around town with the lights on  i do know him and about 2 other punxsy town cops

Doc MoPar

As a new member here is my right of passage, posting a pic of my 20/20 Charger.

Dave22443

Welcome to the board Doc!  :cheers:  Love those rims.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Skyview69

I haven't had a chance to get any pics posted in a long time so here goes.
This is my 69 Sunroof Charger I picked up a few years back for $500 and drove it home!  It needs a complete resto ...the usual quaters, trunk floor, driver side floor pan...you get the picture.  Sorry the pics are poor quality but the best I have.

Skyview69

A couple more...and a couple of my 71.  Would anyone be interested in a trade?  My two Chargers for a complete restored 69???

Skyview69

CHASWINGMAN2

Charger nut first, parts maker/seller second.<br />Selling top quality Mopar Restoration parts, most are licensed.  Email me for more information.<br />Working on the web site, be patient.<br />68 383 SILVER CHARGER<br />69 318 SILVER CHARGER C5X GUTS<br />69 383 4SP ROAD RUNNER<br />72 DART SWINGER, HEMI ORANGE<br />73 DART SWINGER, WHITE/BLACK<br />93 RAMCHARGER CANYON SPORT<br />99 RAM 3500<br />72 DART PROJECT<br />ETC.

mauibarber

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 08, 2007, 10:05:02 PM
What size tires you runnin on that GL?

They are 1970 American Racing Wheels (correct for the tv show).  The previous owner had them professionally refinished and powdercoated.  He spent upwards of $1500 on the refinishing.  They are the nicest GL wheels I have ever seen.   I believe the tires are BF Goodrich  P245/60R15.

ChargerXP

Hi all, I am new to the forum and wanted to post up some pics of my '70 Charger 500.  It has the original 383 Magnum and 727 trans.  I am the 2nd owner and purchsed the car in December 1998.  The original owner originally purchased the car at Koller Dodge in Naperville, IL.  He was going through a divorce and was wanting to sell it quick, so I got it for only $11,000!  That was in the condition you see here, in fact most of these pics are from the day I bought it.  It had 64,000 miles on it then and only 74,000 on it now.  Most of the interior is original, as is the vinyl top. 

jasonfromIKILLYA

What's up everyone.  Here are some pics of my 73 SE circa 97 or so.  It was a BRIEF period in which it was out side,  :)  I bought this charger a week before I turned 16.  The 400 had already been replaced with a poorly rebuilt 318 which I promtly blew up.  I put an A&A rebuilt 727 and 355 rear gear in it and then Rick Allison himself built the 360 that is in it now.  I spent most of high school racing it and then decided to garage it and restore it properly in the late 90's.  Unfortunately, life has a way of slowing the best of intentions.  It's safely stored away in my sisters garage until I can afford to rent a place to restore it out here in NYC.  Some day.......
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Charger_Fan

Quote from: ChargerXP on January 14, 2007, 12:10:28 PM
Hi all, I am new to the forum and wanted to post up some pics of my '70 Charger 500.  It has the original 383 Magnum and 727 trans.  I am the 2nd owner and purchsed the car in December 1998.  The original owner originally purchased the car at Koller Dodge in Naperville, IL.  He was going through a divorce and was wanting to sell it quick, so I got it for only $11,000!  That was in the condition you see here, in fact most of these pics are from the day I bought it.  It had 64,000 miles on it then and only 74,000 on it now.  Most of the interior is original, as is the vinyl top. 
Wow, what a great looking survivor!! :o That's way cool that you were able to buy it that clean. :yesnod:
You should drop in & say hi here too. ;D *CLICK* --->

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on January 14, 2007, 02:52:32 PM
Unfortunately, life has a way of slowing the best of intentions.
Man, I can sure identify with that. :'( I hope you'll be able to get going on it soon. :)

Welcome aboard, both you newbies! :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jasonfromIKILLYA

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

mikepmcs

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 12, 2007, 12:25:05 PM
interesting how the shine flattens the hood, do you have any detailed pics of your push bar and it's mounting?.. any measurments and weight?.  it's source (like where you buy them?) did you rattle bomb the interior?...source and measurements of the roll bar et?..
ya' know what i'd love to see?.. is a bunch of general lees in a decent photo shoot maybe with one flying over...  :laugh:
Mauibear sure got a nice one... must be nice to hit the horn and do a burnout... lol

love this thread!  :scope: :drool5:

Dave
Sorry for the late reply but i don't know where this bar came from. From what i remember I believe Danny Johnson(the guy i bought it from) has them made for him.  I believe there is a longer version of this bar also made out there.  The real person to ask on this would be Jim Shine as he would know correct dimensions measurements, etc... or he would know where to get the info most likely. 

I did a quick google and found this site.  Claims to be the exact measurements of a "real" GL.  Take that with a grain of salt though.

http://www.buildagenerallee.com/genleebars.html

The interior was most likely rattle canned as it is not perfect.  I assume you mean the dash and stuff because the interior was all recovered.

I'll post some pics of the interior in a second.

I declined the roll bar option just cause i wanted to be able to fit as many people that wanted to ride in there.  His roll bar option was not like the shows, it was mainly a couple posts and stuff just taking up space.

I ain't doin burnouts just yet cause I need to get the mechanicals where they need to be before she'll light up, and i don't believe in power breaking.  Besides i need a stouter gear.  I stuffed an SG 3.23 pig in there over the summer, but feel i need 3.55 or better to get my desired result. 

RD is building me a tranny and maybe when i get some more cash, i'll get another center with some better gears but for now i guess i'm semi happy.  I still need to tune my carb though...DOH! change the cam, put in a gear drive(i like noise) blah blah blah, the list goes on.  Someday i'll even redo the body and paint.  General Lee again of course.  But for now, he's a driver and lots of fun.
v/r
Mike

mikepmcs

MichaelRW

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

MichaelRW

Brock Samson

MichaelRW

axlerod

Damn there's some good looking Chargers in this thread! :drool5: