News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warriorbass05

not much done....got a door and am waiting for the roof to be delivered.. ;)

Rack

Quote from: uud looz on January 20, 2008, 09:57:56 PM
Sorry about the size of picts, having trouble resizing

Screw that, Dude. The bigger the better.  :yesnod:

terrible one

Quote from: Rack on January 21, 2008, 04:32:37 PM

Hey Rack, how about a picture update of your Charger? Where are you at with it?  :2thumbs:

Rack

Quote from: terrible one on January 22, 2008, 12:38:43 AM

Hey Rack, how about a picture update of your Charger? Where are you at with it?  :2thumbs:

Been trying to get it on the rotiserrie. But apparantly Whirly Jig "forgot" to send me the rear mounting bracket. They sent me some kind of "Stiffener" but I have no idea how to get the rear attached. I wanted to take a pic of it on the rotisierrie and post it here...

Their directions and video are about as horrible as it gets. I'm sure someone with some "know how" would figure it out with no problem, but for someone like me that has no experience in automotives, it's a mind boggler.

As soon as I finally get it up on the rotiserrie I'll take some pics.  :icon_smile_big:

terrible one

Quote from: Rack on January 22, 2008, 12:55:49 AM
Quote from: terrible one on January 22, 2008, 12:38:43 AM

Been trying to get it on the rotiserrie. But apparantly Whirly Jig "forgot" to send me the rear mounting bracket. They sent me some kind of "Stiffener" but I have no idea how to get the rear attached. I wanted to take a pic of it on the rotisierrie and post it here...

Their directions and video are about as horrible as it gets. I'm sure someone with some "know how" would figure it out with no problem, but for someone like me that has no experience in automotives, it's a mind boggler.

As soon as I finally get it up on the rotiserrie I'll take some pics.  :icon_smile_big:

Sounds good to me! And good luck with the rotisserie. Don't worry, I wouldn't know what I was doing either!  :P

Rack

IT's really annoying cuz they could have easily just sent me the right type of bracket, but they sent me two different sizes of the same kind of bracket (front mounting). I don't know if I'm suppose to "modify" one of the pair to fit the rears or what. Don't know what would have been so difficult in just sending a pair that already "fit".

Plus there's other parts of their directions that are sketchy. It says to put the car on jack stands about 18"-20" off the ground. Then it says the front mounting brackets have to the the same height off the ground as the rear mounting brackets. Problem is if I have the car 18-20" off the ground then that will put the rear mounting brackets about 4" higher then the front mounting brackets.

The guy did a video of them putting a 69 charger on their rotiserrie but he didn't bother filming anything from the back of the charger. He just says "The rear is done the same way" but it's not done the same way. For all the money I paid for that darn thing, I'd expect a little more effort out of them.

The product itself looks very sturdy and top quality, but all the parts needed to get it going aren't ready to go from the start and their directions suck.

/end rant.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get ahold of them tomorrow and get this squared away. Problem is I bought the Jig over a year ago so if it's a simple matter of them not sending the correct rear bracket then I'm probably going to have to buy a new pair.  :eek2:

The70RT

Quote from: Rack on January 22, 2008, 01:05:01 AM
IT's really annoying cuz they could have easily just sent me the right type of bracket, but they sent me two different sizes of the same kind of bracket (front mounting). I don't know if I'm suppose to "modify" one of the pair to fit the rears or what. Don't know what would have been so difficult in just sending a pair that already "fit".

Plus there's other parts of their directions that are sketchy. It says to put the car on jack stands about 18"-20" off the ground. Then it says the front mounting brackets have to the the same height off the ground as the rear mounting brackets. Problem is if I have the car 18-20" off the ground then that will put the rear mounting brackets about 4" higher then the front mounting brackets.

The guy did a video of them putting a 69 charger on their rotiserrie but he didn't bother filming anything from the back of the charger. He just says "The rear is done the same way" but it's not done the same way. For all the money I paid for that darn thing, I'd expect a little more effort out of them.

The product itself looks very sturdy and top quality, but all the parts needed to get it going aren't ready to go from the start and their directions suck.

/end rant.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get ahold of them tomorrow and get this squared away. Problem is I bought the Jig over a year ago so if it's a simple matter of them not sending the correct rear bracket then I'm probably going to have to buy a new pair.  :eek2:

I got one from auto twirler. The front mounted right up by just drilling some holes. I had to make the back brackets. Could be the same senario? Let me know if you need some pics.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rack

Quote from: The70RT on January 22, 2008, 06:41:58 AM

/end rant.

I got one from auto twirler. The front mounted right up by just drilling some holes. I had to make the back brackets. Could be the same senario? Let me know if you need some pics.

Yeah I have to drill out the back brackets and attach them together to form the rear brackets.

Pics would be appreciated to make sure I don't screw it up when I drill mine out. :D

By the way, the customer service (on the phone) at Whirly Jig is as good as it gets. I didn't catch the guy's name, but he was extremely helpful and very friendly. Told me to call anytime 24/7. Of course I won't do that, but it's good to know he stands behind his product enough to provide that kind of service.

The70RT

Quote from: Rack on January 25, 2008, 01:26:50 AM

/end rant.

Yeah I have to drill out the back brackets and attach them together to form the rear brackets.

Pics would be appreciated to make sure I don't screw it up when I drill mine out. :D

By the way, the customer service (on the phone) at Whirly Jig is as good as it gets. I didn't catch the guy's name, but he was extremely helpful and very friendly. Told me to call anytime 24/7. Of course I won't do that, but it's good to know he stands behind his product enough to provide that kind of service.

I will try to post some pics tonight when I get home  :2thumbs:

dragonw

Heres my 73 almost finished  after 15 months of resto...
1973 charger 440 727

dragonw

one more pic  have to put stripe kit on yet and final detail...
1973 charger 440 727

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

Quote from: Rack on January 25, 2008, 01:26:50 AM

/end rant.

Not to hi-jack the thread but here is the pics I promised Rack.........nice third gen dragonw

Musicman

Quote from: dragonw on January 26, 2008, 06:12:02 PM
Heres my 73 almost finished  after 15 months of resto...

That's a keeper  :2thumbs:

Great Color  :cheers:

1ofnone

C Stripes I am with ya! Cannot wait for summer and be topless towing toys!

leeandgrant

this is our 68 staring down its younger 69 sibling

[/img]
1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1970 440/4speed Super Bee clone Project
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
1977 Plymouth Trailduster
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2009 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT
2000 Dodge dually diesel

C_stripes

Thats a nice looking RC you have there.    Please let it be spring!!!
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

leeandgrant

here is another of the red 68 charger. This is the first charger my wife and i bought together. We are the fourth original owners. This car was ordered new by one of those "little old ladies"

1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2000 Dodge dually diesel

Jonas_N

leeandgrant

1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2000 Dodge dually diesel

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

The70RT

41husk

Thanks! I always loved the 71 super bee, but they $$$$$ so I made one out of my 73,  I have some loud rod knock comming from the 440 I will have to take care of this spring before cruizen again, and the Challenger is in the body shop.  Hopefully I will have that one back before the summer is over.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on January 31, 2008, 02:29:59 PM
Thanks! I always loved the 71 super bee, but they $$$$$ so I made one out of my 73,  I have some loud rod knock comming from the 440 I will have to take care of this spring before cruizen again, and the Challenger is in the body shop.  Hopefully I will have that one back before the summer is over.
love it , thats one of the best looking 3rd gen's i ever seen
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Moparbob

QuoteHeres my 73 almost finished  after 15 months of resto...

WOW! What a car! Did you do away with the bumper fillers? What color is that!
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.