News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Thanks guys,

Pictures do it a bit more justice. If you look at the car up close it has the usual bondo on the quarters and rockers, also the rear bumper was poorly re-chromed and needs to be replaced (rusted and peeling in places), interior is in OK shape...the usual for a car its age. Originally a 318, years ago someone swapped it out for a 400. Its got bucket seats and rallye gauges, auto slap stick 727. Engine is tired, but she still gets up and moves.

My goal is to get all new rubber for the front end, stroke the engine (470), rebuild the tranny, get a posi rear, and then worry about the body and the interior.

paironines

The70RT -- I'm near Indianapolis, IN . I've never really had the car out too much but it does look like some other guy's cars on here.  It's back to it's original B5 but was a real dark blue when I bought it out of Illinois.

HITMAN 149

frankie...
sweeeeet pics bro!! that better be at the car show!!! or i'm gonna have to have a talk w/ slider!!!! lol
-john
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

FLG

Man...car is REALLY not ready for a show, but dont want ya to take it up with pops. Let me machine compound it this weekend, if it comes out good ill consider taking it to the show. Also want to have a new rear bumper at the least.

HITMAN 149

bro...
just bring it!!!!!!!!!! it's an old car!! don't mean it's gotta be a show car.. you see some of the cars there?!?! ahemmm ::)
LOL
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

FLG

Alright bro will do then  :cheers:

Check your PM's

HITMAN 149

i thought sooooooooooo!! hahaha
pm checked!! lol
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

FLG

Yea what the heck, might as well...better then having you and pops on my a$$  :D

HITMAN 149

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Hemidog

Finn

Sup guys, just joined this site (wish I found it earlier, lots of questions I had are answered on here lol).
A little background info: I'm 17 from Cali and a 1968 charger is currently putting a whole in a my wallet.
Here it is as I got it. The only thing missing was the carpeting, the rest of the interior was there. It drove...sorta...and stopped...barely...none of this it did legally but it did it never the less  :icon_smile_big:

Right now Ive got it stripped down to just a bare shell. Ive got 98 percent of the rust problems patched.
It has a 440 with a 727. Just got a pair of hooker ceramic coated and tuned headers off of ebay and a Multi-point fuel injection system for it.

:2thumbs:
Future plans include rack and pinion kit and a Air Ride Technology suspension system on it, along with disc brakes.
Oh and Ive had the car for about 6 months...ish. lol.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

sick dawg

I couldn't resist with everbody putting up pic's now, so here is my orange 69. I know it's done up as a
GL, but the black one is in the process of being painted and is not ready for pictures yet. This one has the new HEMI stroker in it. Sweet car anyway!

leeandgrant

You have a very nice GL. I would be very proud of it. I have a GL and a numbers matching 318 904 68 charger that I would never seperate for a 440 or Hemi transplant. I love both worlds, originality and us GL lovers.

1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1970 440/4speed Super Bee clone Project
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
1977 Plymouth Trailduster
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2009 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT
2000 Dodge dually diesel

Derwud

Here are my 2 70's..

The Charger is an R/T with Disc brakes and that is about the only option.

The other is a Jaguar XKE Roadster.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

sick dawg

Quote from: leeandgrant on March 15, 2008, 11:46:31 PM
You have a very nice GL. I would be very proud of it. I have a GL and a numbers matching 318 904 68 charger that I would never seperate for a 440 or Hemi transplant. I love both worlds, originality and us GL lovers.

When we got this one the drive line was long gone.  It even had a chevy six cylinder rear in it that I guess somebody put in there just so it would roll. Anyway with it's heart missing it was the perfect blank slate, then came the Hemi, the 4wdb's. the dana 60,and all the goodies to push this big ole thing around the road like it should be. :drool5:

Highway by the Sea

terrible one

Quote from: Finn on March 12, 2008, 03:06:17 PM
Sup guys, just joined this site (wish I found it earlier, lots of questions I had are answered on here lol).
A little background info: I'm 17 from Cali and a 1968 charger is currently putting a whole in a my wallet.
Here it is as I got it. The only thing missing was the carpeting, the rest of the interior was there. It drove...sorta...and stopped...barely...none of this it did legally but it did it never the less  :icon_smile_big:

Right now Ive got it stripped down to just a bare shell. Ive got 98 percent of the rust problems patched.
It has a 440 with a 727. Just got a pair of hooker ceramic coated and tuned headers off of ebay and a Multi-point fuel injection system for it.

:2thumbs:
Future plans include rack and pinion kit and a Air Ride Technology suspension system on it, along with disc brakes.
Oh and Ive had the car for about 6 months...ish. lol.

:o :drool5:

Beautiful! I don't get it though! How do all of you other 17 year olds and around that afford that shit?! I work over 40 hours a week and my only bills are phone, gas, and insurance and I am still barely scraping by on the Charger, and it's got nothing fancy either!  :RantExplode:

Joshua

Quote from: terrible one on March 17, 2008, 03:21:36 PM
Beautiful! I don't get it though! How do all of you other 17 year olds and around that afford that shit?! I work over 40 hours a week and my only bills are phone, gas, and insurance and I am still barely scraping by on the Charger, and it's got nothing fancy either!  :RantExplode:

Hahahaha....I was wondering the same thing!!!! :cheers:

Now....about  that Airride...... :shruggy:

Finn

Two jobs plus living at home for the win!
Ive been saving (and looking) for a car since I was 8, plus I spent 2 summers when I was 13 working under the table for a local private airport. I saved everything I made from that job.
Now most of my classes are at night and one of my jobs I take home from the office.
I lucked out by having a friend thats a certified mechanic which was a big help too.

Is there a problem with an air ride setup that I'm not aware of or is that just a personal preference coming through lol?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

heidifisher

Hear is my baby; thought it would look good on this page(71)! :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

WOW! :drool5: That's nice! Love how you did the S/E emblem :2thumbs:

Have you been on my Third Gen site yet? I'd love to see you there too! :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

heidifisher

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 18, 2008, 06:40:34 PM
WOW! :drool5: That's nice! Love how you did the S/E emblem :2thumbs:

Have you been on my Third Gen site yet? I'd love to see you there too! :yesnod:
yeah i have checked out your site alot of nice cars there; love the blue and white super-bee

RDR838

Here's a shot I took two years ago at a show in Hamburg, Germany. The black one is mine, all three are '68s.