News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Guy down the street was given a 928 S which needed a new exhaust system when the Orig. owner left for the sandbox - the new owner found out the mufflers were $2k alone and sold the car cheap.

mauve66

its a v8, just slap some flowmasters on it and go
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Brock Samson

Porsches' floor mats cost north of $600.   :yesnod:

mikepmcs

exactly.  i have no problem fabbing up my own exhaust.  thanks for that information on the cost of the mufflers though cause I think I have a slight exhaust leak under the car.  :smilielol:

I'll be getting some measurements and calling up Dynomax. No flocrapsters for me thanks.  which reminds me I need to change out the exhaust on my coronet.  i saw the f word on the mufflers one day and nearly passed out.  :lol:

Dave, I agree that porsche stuff is expensive but your numbers are a bit off. $600  :lol: you can get a good set from lloyds for pretty decent money.
 now the clutch assembly  :o
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

totally serious, to order as options the Porsche floor mats - I bet you thought they'd be standard huh?..  :lol:
$600.oo and that was a year or two ago..  :shruggy:

maximoutlaw

I figured this would be the best place for my first post. Here are some pictures of my 1970 Charger. Bought this car from Georgia off the internet for 10500. After I got the car I realized that I was basically took for my money. Car had no interior, didn't run, bumpers were welded on, tires were flat, bondo work all over was slopped on (can provide pictures later) wires were all over the place, had no lights whatsoever, and the list goes on. I found these pictures on ebay after I recieved the car and I did a search for the vin number.

The guy who sold it to me put a 1969 front end on it but never realized it was a 1970 charger. He slopped the bondo on it and did a quick paint job for the pictures he gave me. He told me the car had all the body panels and center console and was just missing seats. He sold it to me as a 1969 charger but I thought something was fishy when I used a vin decoder and the numbers weren't matching up. I was quite suprised when it arrived full of trash and no interior whatsoever.

A big lesson learned when buying off the internet. Some people you just can't trust.
1970 Dodge Charger "General Lee"

chargd72

You wrote a check without seeing the car in person OR even pictures??   :rotz:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

maximoutlaw

What can I say, I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw the pictures and I had cash burning a hole in my pocket. I took the word of a stranger and ended up getting bit in the behind. The only excuse I have is that I'm young and dumb I suppose.  :brickwall:

moparstuart

wow sorry to hear another one of these stories  :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Tilar

Quote from: maximoutlaw on July 27, 2010, 11:19:39 AM
The only excuse I have is that I'm young and dumb I suppose.  :brickwall:

That soon shall pass.  :lol:  You're not the only one to get a "deal" like that. There are a number of stories on this forum very similar to yours.  Take a look at this one and there are plenty more.

Welcome aboard!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

maximoutlaw

But I can't dwell on what happend to me. I have the car now and if I can get these next pictures uploaded or posted somewhere, it'll show the progress I've made since acquiring it

chargd72

Quote from: maximoutlaw on July 27, 2010, 11:19:39 AM
What can I say, I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw the pictures and I had cash burning a hole in my pocket. I took the word of a stranger and ended up getting bit in the behind. The only excuse I have is that I'm young and dumb I suppose.  :brickwall:

So you did see pictures, were they old pictures?  Or misleading at all?

You must have been on fire when it came  :flame:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

maximoutlaw

These are a few pictures the guy sent me. I was more depressed I think than anything. I spent so much money on a dream car that I've always wanted just to have that dream smashed.

Brock Samson

:rotz: ok well, I'll say it,.. we need to know who this was...  :flame: Boy! Am I pissed! and, welcome to the site.

moparstuart

two different cars , guy bated you with wrong pictures

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

squeakfinder

WOW! That totally sucks to hear another one of these stories. Hope you can go after this guy.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

maximoutlaw

The guys name is Michael Joseph and he lives in Panama Florida. He also said he was going to have a title for it when he shipped it up here but I never got one. All I have is a bill of sale. I dealt with this guy for like 3 months trying to get a title and some answers but he was hard to get a hold of.

Anyways, enough of the negative stuff. I managed to post most of the pictures on cardomain.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3806206
Page 1 is the pictures he sent me.
Page 2 is the night I got the car.
Page 3 is the pictures I had my girlfriend take for me. I had it shipped to my dads house and I had military drill that weekend.
Page 4 is my attempt to start some repairs.
Page 5 is the start of new/used parts I've ordered. The radiator was the exception, it was removed.
Page 6 is the point where I did as much as I could and had sent it somewhere to be worked on.

Memphis Mopar

Seems this guy always has a few cars on ebay. I have seen 67-69 camaros and a few mustangs and even a chevelle.

squeakfinder

After viewing the cardomain page I'd say

you've come along way with it. Good luck.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

viper r/t

Quote from: maximoutlaw on July 27, 2010, 05:55:02 PM
The guys name is Michael Joseph and he lives in Panama Florida. He also said he was going to have a title for it when he shipped it up here but I never got one. All I have is a bill of sale. I dealt with this guy for like 3 months trying to get a title and some answers but he was hard to get a hold of.

Anyways, enough of the negative stuff. I managed to post most of the pictures on cardomain.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3806206
Page 1 is the pictures he sent me.
Page 2 is the night I got the car.
Page 3 is the pictures I had my girlfriend take for me. I had it shipped to my dads house and I had military drill that weekend.
Page 4 is my attempt to start some repairs.
Page 5 is the start of new/used parts I've ordered. The radiator was the exception, it was removed.
Page 6 is the point where I did as much as I could and had sent it somewhere to be worked on.

oh,, so your in Richmond ky?? I'm down in London. We're building a '68 right now, if you need any help, we'll help as much as we can...

mdirt68

Finally got it back on the road last week.  Just wanted to say thanks for all the killer advice I've found on this site. 

More pics
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3849118

Grim Jhaixus

Quote from: maximoutlaw on July 27, 2010, 05:55:02 PM
The guys name is Michael Joseph and he lives in Panama Florida.

As in Panama City Florida, where I am?
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?