News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally, I have a six pack '70 Charger R/T !!!!

Started by hemi68charger, November 21, 2005, 03:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well, as many of you have been following, I finally found an original '70 v-code six pack Charger R/T.. It's EW1 just like my old one that I've been trying to replace AND built on the same day, July 10th, 1970, last day of production.... This one ends with sequence #334 whereas my old one ended in ###067... So who knows, the last one built?...

EDIT....  my new VIN sequence is 258334 and my old one is 258067....

Anyways, the trip was very tiring to say the least but I had a GREAT time and the transactions between myself and the buyer of my v-code 'Cuda and that of Bob, the seller of the Charger, went well.. Met some really nice and cool people.. It'll be a trip to always remember.. I'll go ahead and post some pics here now........

Troy

1. In Gallup, NM with the 'Cuda and 9 degree weather !!!!! BRRRRRRRRRR  for this Houston-boy
2. On our way to Page, AZ via Marble Canyon.....
3. That night at Bob's after loading her up and going through all his parts to try and come up with a price.
4. Gasing up for the umtenth-time.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

more pics..

5. Cruising home....
6. parts to the car..
7. At home...
8. Nice sheetmetal....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Blown70

hemigeno

Now don't think for a moment that you're getting away with just a couple of pics...    :P

Keep 'em coming - looks great, and glad you made it home with your new treasure!!

Shakey

Congrats Troy.

Cool pics!

Keep us posted of the progress.

Old Moparz

Hey Troy, that car is ready for one of those Daytona cones up front if you lose that big silver nose ring.   :icon_smile_big:

Looks great, I think I like trips to get stuff more than the stuff.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hemi68charger

Thanks guys..  The floor pans are pretty darn good and the trunk, well, it's a Charger trunk.....  The trip would have been better if I wasn't on a schedule to get back to work on Monday..........

Troy
Troy

Charger_Fan

Looks like you've still got Arizona dirt on the wheels. ;)

Nice looking catch, congrats!!
When does your other 70 go up for sale...or has it already?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

6pkrunner

Excellent Troy!! Good for you. Glad to see you've got the biggest chunk of the replacement vehicle at home. So you taking a breather or you going right to work on her? ;D

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 21, 2005, 03:41:53 PM

1. In Gallup, NM with the 'Cuda and 9 degree weather !!!!! BRRRRRRRRRR for this Houston-boy
3. That night at Bob's after loading her up and going through all his parts to try and come up with a price.

Is that a typo on the temp?    For 9* it looks mighty nice out!

Good luck on the resto
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 21, 2005, 04:11:58 PM
Looks like you've still got Arizona dirt on the wheels. ;)

Nice looking catch, congrats!!
When does your other 70 go up for sale...or has it already?

Yes, I'll be selling the '70 R/T 4bbl car........ I'll be putting the 440 motor and tranny from the six pack car into the 4bbl car. It's not the original motor to the v-code, so it's no biggie, but I do have the original block I'll be putting back in. Along with the original block, I was GIVEN a forged crank, "six-pack" rods and torque convertor and the correct vibration dampner... So, I'll eventually build that one..  Soooooooooooooo, if anyone's interested in the '70 4bbl car, let me know... I'll probably be putting it on the block pretty soon.....

Mike, as far as jumping into it, I'll be sorting things out and playing with her for sure, but I'll probably hold off until next year to start the resto......

Troy
Troy

Big Lebowski

Cool dude, it kinda looks like my six-pack when i bought it. Btw, my last three numbers are 374, built in Sept '69
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

69_500

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on November 21, 2005, 04:18:47 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on November 21, 2005, 03:41:53 PM

1. In Gallup, NM with the 'Cuda and 9 degree weather !!!!! BRRRRRRRRRR for this Houston-boy

Is that a typo on the temp?   For 9* it looks mighty nice out!

Good luck on the resto

Nope, a front had come through and up at that elevation we were, it was 11 degrees when we woke up on Sat. and then 9 degrees when we woke up on Sunday morning.................... It's the coldest I've ever been...........

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: Big Lebowski on November 21, 2005, 04:22:59 PM
Cool dude, it kinda looks like my six-pack when i bought it. Btw, my last three numbers are 374, built in Sept '69

Hey Big....
my new VIN sequence is 258334 and my old one is 258067....
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on November 21, 2005, 04:23:48 PM
Just curious, but is the other 70 a 4 speed?
Nope, it's an auto car that I was going to convert to a 4-speed car since it didn't have a drivetrain.. But, now that I've found the six pack car, I'll not be converting the 4bbl-car......

Troy
Troy

PocketThunder

The coldest you have ever been is 9 º?  Awe man try 20 º below 0 for 3 weeks straight and no sun shine....

anyways, thats a nice ride you got there.  I dont know how you find time to work on all 3 cars.  I'm having enough trouble with 2. 

Paul

PS: I spotted a panther pink 70 in a shed where i deer hunt this past weekend. wasnt an R/T though.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

73ChargerSE

472 R/T SE

Congrats. Troy on living the dream. 

Nice lookin' car.  I almost bought a ew-white car with f8 interior 4 gear before I bought Blue in about the same shape as yours.

firefighter3931

Very Cool Troy...congrats on the latest find !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

RT/SE

Awesome find!!!!!!!  Looks like a great starting point for a project.   What options does the car have?

hemi68charger

Quote from: TripleX9 on November 21, 2005, 07:39:45 PM
Awesome find!!!!!!!  Looks like a great starting point for a project.   What options does the car have?

She's got power disc brakes and a console.. Driver's remote mirror... six pack of course... 26 inch radiator...California emission's car, so no tips I guess... Pretty much vanilla......... Two owner's ago attempted to paint the car Hemi orange, hence the orange paint....

Here's the data fender tag.........

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

I also bought some parts......

NOS outside mirror
NOS hood turn indicators w/ bezels ... Sweet !!!!!
NOS door scoop with "R/T" emblem
NOS dash dimmer switch...
NOS door rubber seals
NOS battery hold-down w/j-bolts
NOS white grille bushings
NOS complete body bumper rubber...

and assortment of little things here and there.... I'm sure I'm missing something else.. I have alot of stuff

What's even cool is that the car even came with a great idle solenoid........  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

69charger2002

congrats troy! looks great. glad the trip worked out good, with no problems. can't wait to see more pics of that car. that is one car that is on my list of cars to get
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/