News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Suspension Vendors- PST vs. Just Suspension or......

Started by parkerswede, November 21, 2005, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkerswede

I am looking for a complete front end rebuild kit for my 1972 Dodge Charger Rallye. Who's the best - I have catalogs from PST and Just Suspension. Are theygood or is someone else better? Thanks.

moparguy01

I would not use the PST kit. i bought one from them, and they sent the wrong tie rod ends, and didnt send the shells for the bushings, so i had to buy some replacement rubber ones and push the rubber bushings out to get the freaking shells.

After this i found out they are owned by Kanter Auto parts, who is also on my shit list for terrible service and never being able to get a single order right to save there damn lives.

Chryco Psycho

just get an Energy suspension poly bushing kit & get Moog ball joints & tie rod ends  from a local supplier

ChargerBill

Neil is probably right on this one...Energy Suspension is supposed to be good stuff. I personally ordered from PST, but what I found out after talking to Just Suspension is that they ALSO sell the Poly suspension stuff (same as PST) but cannot legally call it that because PST copyrighted that term. I had no problem dealing with PST, but then, I haven't installed mine yet, so who knows what could happen. Personally, if it's between PST and Just Suspension, I'd buy from Just Suspension. The owner seems like a good guy and I also believe that they are Mopar guys too...or so I've heard. Also, it chaps my hyde when someone copyrights a common term and gains an advantage over their competitors just because of semantics...kind of like the whole Bloomington Gold "SURVIVOR" catastrophe....a bunch of BS.
Life is a highway...

parkerswede

Thanks guys. Called Mancini and ordered a complete front end rebuild kit. Do the torsion bars need to be replaced? I don't think there are any issues with them so far. (Its a 1972 Charger Rallye). Has front and rear stabilizer package.

8WHEELER

Any car of this age could use a new set of bars, It depends on amount of use on the car
and the way it was used. I put new bars in everytime I put in a all new susp kit like you are doing.
Al tho this is not always needed, but with its age I would do it.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

68ChargerJMP

Firm Feel.......They are a quality place. I ordered some tubular a arms and a stage 2 gearbox and I am very impressed with the quality and service. Great products.

yellowcuda

Same problem here with PST, they sent the complete wrong torsion bars.  We ended up going with Mopar Performance like on our first car and they have worked out great.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)