News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Tailight gaskets - who has bought some?

Started by 70Sbird, August 06, 2009, 04:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Now that my car is running again and I have a nice new leak free windshield, I had one other annoying water leak that was likely responsible for my trunk rust.
My taillights leak.  they have been likely in and out of the car many times and have taken a "set and are not sealing against the tail panel.
When I bought my car, one of the "Extras"  that came with is was a new restoration gasket set that I have pilfered various gaskets out of in the last 8 years.
There were two white foam gaskets in the kit in the shape of the 'Birds taillights, so last night I took out one of the light assemblies to replace the gasket.
the gasket that was there (looks to be the original one, still glued to the housing) is much thicker and cut slightly different that the thin foam ones from the kit.
:shruggy:

Does anyone know where I can get Taillight housing gaskets that are close to the originals. I'm looking for function over correctness, but the ones I have are way off.
I checked the year one catalog and I didn't see anything there either
I don't need the taillight lens to housing gaskets, just the housing to tailpanel gaskets.
I didn't have the camera handy or I would have taken a picture to show the differences
Any direction would be appreciated!

Scott Faulkner

CornDogsCharger

I got a set from Paddock.  They seemed to fit fine.  They weren't 100% like the originals when it comes to appearence but when it comes to function, they worked fine. 

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

70Sbird

Justin,
Did you get them by themselves or were they part of a "kit"
I looked at the Paddock site and couldn't find any seperately.
What did the new ones look like?
I suppose I could glue the ones I have into the housing and do some trimming if I had to
Scott

Scott Faulkner

Hemi_tyme

If you want the best James is the man  :2thumbs:when it comes to making the gaskets. I will only use his gaskets on my restorations.
Ken

http://shop.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/product.sc?productId=36&categoryId=29

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: 70Sbird on August 06, 2009, 04:55:24 PM
Justin,
Did you get them by themselves or were they part of a "kit"
I looked at the Paddock site and couldn't find any seperately.
What did the new ones look like?
I suppose I could glue the ones I have into the housing and do some trimming if I had to
Scott

I'm 99% positive that the gaskets were in a kit

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

superbirdtom

Quote from: Hemi_tyme on August 06, 2009, 05:56:37 PM
If you want the best James is the man  :2thumbs:when it comes to making the gaskets. I will only use his gaskets on my restorations.
Ken

http://shop.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/product.sc?productId=36&categoryId=29

>>>>>>>>>>>> thanks  never heard of this guy but I hate those cheapo kit gaskets they are horrible.so I will definetly get this guys who specializes.

70Sbird

Ken,
Thanks for the direction, I just ordered a set
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Scott

Scott Faulkner