News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ariel Atom (top gear vid)

Started by Stormhammer, November 21, 2005, 11:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormhammer

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6514168251893889573&q=top+gear+ariel

I guess you cant really knock on Civic engines much anymore...

I think it needs at least 2 more cylinders  :icon_smile_big:

but I want one - it nearly broke the Enzo's track record

Silver R/T

impressive and under 20K, Im in for one..oh ya its only 4 banger too....can anyone say 440. No way it would kill someone
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69_500

I think you misheard them. It starts out at just under 20,000 Pounds. Not $. Then the car that they tested was 29,000 pounds. So that still puts it in the neighborhood of about $37-39K in American Dollars.
Very impressive little car yes, but would I go out and  try to buy one, nah I'll stick with a 69 Charger instead. Civic engines are great little engines, but they are just that little. I like larger cars, and little engines do little to move big cars.

Stormhammer

Quote from: 69_500 on November 22, 2005, 10:21:08 AM
. I like larger cars, and little engines do little to move big cars.

which is why its such a little car  ;D but still - for $40k - alot of people could still afford one ( just HOW many Mercedes do you see out on the road? )

69_500

yes a lot of people could afford one. But how many will want to plop down $40K for a car without a stereo that is powered by a 4 banger?

I love that thing!  At school we have a mini-Indy team and the car they make is very similar to that thing.  It does have a restrictor plate but it still does 100mph.  Very fun to drive.

If I had the money I'd own one.
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Doc74

Quote from: 69_500 on November 22, 2005, 04:24:01 PM
yes a lot of people could afford one. But how many will want to plop down $40K for a car without a stereo that is powered by a 4 banger?

Video doesn't work for me but I saw it on the show last year.
It may be a skeleton with a 4 banger but it was obvious that there's not much like it, that thing was faster than just about anything, even a honda cbr 600 on the track.But there's nothing practical about it so it's certainly not for everyone.
Storm...about the mercs...are they that expensive over there? Not that they're cheap here but I don't think there's less than at least 4 a week in our shop and no old rustbuckets either.So just about anyone can own one, albeit not the one they really want  :D
On the last top gear they showed a replica of the British 1958 F1 car, the Vanwall, it's not cheap, far from practical and I want it !  :icon_smile_big:
This is the one  http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/vanwall_GPR_v12.html
Oh and the mudguards are or look like tires, same profile, very neat.