News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar from the movie Punisher, for 16,900... isn't this a good deal?

Started by Charger Aficionado, November 22, 2005, 05:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Wakko

Cool movie, worth watching.  I'd fix the collision damage if it were mine, but that's just me.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

volk68

While I watched the movie and this car could be the actual car from the film, the writer's inability to spell is so flagrant that I would be very skeptical about his claim.  I mean, who buys a movie car based on a comic book character, and then botches the name of the comic company that created and printed the comic?  It's Marvel Comics, not Marval :eyes:  The add just sounds like it was written by a 12 year old with no grammer skills  :rotz:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChargerBill

Quote from: volk68 on November 22, 2005, 03:58:30 PM
It's Marvel Comics, not Marval :eyes:   The add just sounds like it was written by a 12 year old with no grammer skills   :rotz:

OR, it really is MARVAL and he will use this to defend himself in case you take him to court. "Your honor, I never said it was Marvel Comics...see, right here, I said MarvAl."   :P
Life is a highway...

kab69440

I remember the movie car as a 70 Runner. When the Runner slammed into the GTO, he hit him with the driver's side fender. In the final scene, the car was still a damaged 70. That's it, I have to go buy the DVD and watch it again...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

firefighter3931

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on November 22, 2005, 05:02:22 AM
  What vin is a Genuine R.R.?   Is this car a Satellite?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Plymouth-The-Punisher-movie-car_W0QQitemZ4591114442QQcategoryZ43921QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The car is indeed a satellite. My friend built 3 cars for the movie and sold them the cars. He posts here on the Board but not very often and is a very good bodyman and an expert on early b-bodies. He's also doing the paint on my 68 r/t clone.

The company approached him when he lived in Fla a few years back looking for hemi roadrunners for this upcoming film project. When they heard the price of a real hemi car the decision to clone up some satellites was deemed more cost effective. He had all of the cars painted curious yellow as per their request but at the last second they changed their mind and wanted sublime. Being a low budget deal, he just scuffed and reshot the sublime over the yellow. He told me the cars sublime paint is "off' because of the last minute rush to get the cars out...he literally painted them overnight so the color is a little lighter than it should be. It might not show up in the pics but he said you can see it when you're up close to the car.

The engine in that car is a 383 he swapped in that came out of an old wagon....basicly stock. He did say that they were inquiring about a nitrous setup to make it faster. The rollbar was done after they took delivery....not his work.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

just  rented the movie. Lots of guns, lots of fire, lots of blood and lots of dead.
1.3 seconds of Mopar. >:(

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger_Fan

Quote from: CB on November 23, 2005, 05:36:38 PM
just   rented the movie. Lots of guns, lots of fire, lots of blood and lots of dead.
Yeah, cool huh? :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71Charger500

1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

greenpigs

He took it from some guy who tried to kill him, his ride was a 68\69 GTO..black.. that was totaled.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Andrew

If I as closer and had the cash Id buy it, looks like a pretty good deal.

Fix up the front, new paint and you could have alot of fun with it.(eg racing, burnouts)

70kracken

i remember a 70 too!  i may be mistaken and it's been a while since i watched the movie.  i have to say those decals he put on the quarters are stupid, he needs to be shot for that....12 years old or not! :icon_smile_big:
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

71Charger500

71Charger500

It might be kind of cool to have a car with a nitrous shot avaliable.  I don't really want to put it on mine, but if its already there, why not use it?   ;D