News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bearings and rings

Started by AmadeusCharger500, November 22, 2005, 08:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

Simple question but for some reason I can't find these. Is there a kit that includes the rings and bearings for a 440? How much should they cost and what can I get away with in quality for a street engine?
HH

cudaken

PAW, Summit and Mancini Racing carries kits that would work for you. Old  Mancini Racing ad from 1999 has a 440 kite listed that has Ring's, Rod's, Main bearings and gaskets for $159.00.

You need to tell us what you goals are for the 440. Race car parts and street parts don't go hand in hand.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Charger72SE

440source.com has a lot of parts for 440's - I got the Clevite bearings, water pump, oil pump, crankshaft, timing chain, freeze plugs and motor mounts there.  They have stroker kits as well.  Be aware that if you get their crank it is weighted for light weight rods and pistons, not the stock weight parts like the SpeedPro 2355F pistons..

AmadeusCharger500

This is a street car. Power range of about 2000 to 6500rpm. Just want a decent set of bearings and rings for a pretty standard rebuild.

Chryco Psycho

Get Clevite / Michigan 77 BRGs & Plasma Moly rings

cudaken

That is what I used on my ill fated 440. Bearings and rings where not the issue of it short life.

Cuda Ken
I am back