News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior help.

Started by dusterxhorrorx, November 22, 2005, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dusterxhorrorx

ok. so i'm new... i have a dutser not a charger but my brother, SirNik73, told me to join because you are all so helpful. because its thanksgiving and i get alot of days off i'm working lots on my car. and the plans in the tear the interior out... and everything is in pretty good shape... the headliner is amazing... the seats are pretty trashed.... like the front drivers side (bench seats) part is broken... when you go to lean in forward to get in the back it doesnt fold flat over it folds at an angle because the little piece that allows it to fold is broken. so it just flops pretty much. so my question is... is that seat fixable or am i going to have to find a new front seat?

???

Brock Samson

well welcome to the site oh brother of Saint Nick...  ;D
it's probably fixable,.. but it seems to me your in the market for some parts,.. like everyone else in the hobby..
  You can find on another a-body (as all darts, dusters, demons, scamps, swingers etc. are) maybe a pair of buckets and a console?.. you never mentioned what year it is, but most every year is interchangable.. from '67-74.. or there abouts,.. lotsa those cars still around, do some research look on e-bay etc etc...
  didn't yur bro tell ya you gotta have pics?..   :icon_smile_wink:

Nacho-RT74

HEY, WELCOME !!!

everything is fixable but if you are able to find it complete would be better
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

dusterxhorrorx

alright... heres some they're kinda crummy since i took em with my camera phone when we were still taking it home... this is before the MOSS and MUD removal.. yes

its a 1970.

a friend and i were talking about getting this 73 dart, because he wants the dart, and i want the 318 that comes as a bonus with it. and its only $200 and since he has another 74 dart thats had the roof sawed off... i could part it out if i bought the 73... what do you guys think?

41husk

For $100 a piece I don't think you can go wrong.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

dusterxhorrorx

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 22, 2005, 12:58:56 PM
well welcome to the site oh brother of Saint Nick...  ;D
it's probably fixable,.. but it seems to me your in the market for some parts,.. like everyone else in the hobby..
  You can find on another a-body (as all darts, dusters, demons, scamps, swingers etc. are) maybe a pair of buckets and a console?.. you never mentioned what year it is, but most every year is interchangable.. from '67-74.. or there abouts,.. lotsa those cars still around, do some research look on e-bay etc etc...
  didn't yur bro tell ya you gotta have pics?..   :icon_smile_wink:

hehe. thanks! ... and its sister... hehe :)

SirNik73

Damn theres pictures of me on the site that i didn't post.......
Yup thats me looking at my Sisters little Duster on our way home. I told her to name it "Mossy" because there was more moss then paint on the car when we got it.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Old Moparz

Welcome to the site.   :wave:

Nice find, the Duster doesn't look too bad. I'd keep the moss on it though, it adds character & it's good for striking up conversations, but that could just be me. As for a seat, most things are repairable, but not sure if it'll be easier to just swap it since you have access to one & you may need new seat covers anyway. Could be cheaper in the long run too. How concerned are you with originality? If you switch seats from a different year, they may have different trim & stitching patterns, & might also have a different shape to the foam so seat covers won't fit right.

If you decide to just swap them, one thing to look for on an A-Body, (Dusters, Darts etc.) is that the cars with a catalytic converter, 1974 & newer, will have different seat tracks to accommodate a different shape in the floor pan. The driver's side floor pan had a higher indentation stamped in it to allow room for the catalytic converter under the car. A long time ago I had tried to swap 1973 seats into a 1975, & found this difference. The tracks are the parts you'll need to switch on the seat, but the seat should fit without any trouble.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus